It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Don't know how much longer I can do this!

I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. For the last few weeks I have had pain in my groin area that is almost constant and seems to just be getting worse and worse. This is my second pregnancy and I didn't have this problem the first time around. I don't consider myself to be a baby when it comes to aches and pains, but this is ridiculous. It hurts so bad just to walk. It took me forever to get to my office this morning from the back door and I am walking like I have something up my b*tt. It's embarassing. I almost feel like taking maternity leave early but then I hate to waste any of the time I could spend with the baby after the birth. I am afraid it's not going to get any better, and maybe even worse until she gets here. Does anyone else have this problem???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User
Re: Don't know how much longer I can do this!

This pregnancy has been TOTALLY different for me too. One HUGE difference is that this time I have to take care of a 2.5 year old 24/7 instead of just resting. I have been having all kinds of pains as well. Some of these pains have been pretty constant since week 25, but there are also new ones popping up in these late weeks. I've been using a menthol patch (the Walmart brand) on my back every night. That's really improved my sleeping. I walk (well, waddle) like I have something up my butt too because there is so much pressure. Especially if I wait too long to pee. Then is feels like a knife in my bladder. Then, there's the fun carpel tunnel that I've been experiencing for the last few weeks. Both tips of my ring fingers are numb all the time and the rest of my hand feels like pins and needles with the occasional pain too. This is something that I didn't experience the first time. This has been an extremely difficult pregnancy for me. It's been an uphill battle since I had the positive pregnancy test so I, too, am ready for it to be over.

I know that it seems like time is going so slow and it will never end, but we both know that it will be over before we know it. After a few weeks postpartum, we won't even remember how miserable we were (by that time, our babies might be colicy, like my first, and we'll be a whole new miserable, LoL!) Hang in there!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

i have this same problem im 38 wks. i have had it off on on for quite a while. the thing with me though is that i will hurt really bad for maybe a couple days but then it will go away for a few days too but then come back. its horrible. i cant wait to get this baby out, pregnancy definately isnt fun.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Delia your not the only one with this problem I was almost going to the dr I am hurting so bad. I have so much pressure in my back hips and my pelvic bone area it is so hard to walk or sit. It feels like my hips are going to break. It don't help that I keep getting BH and she is pushing down. I'm like you I don't know how much of this I can handle I'm not a baby when it comes to pain either so this is really bad.
I have tried hot bath (not boiling hot) patches on my back and hips elevating them I'm running out of options to try and and get relief.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

I think I may know exactly the kind of pain that you are referring to. Started for me on Fri and has done nothing but get worse since. It's a shooting pain right thru my pelvic bone. Trying to put on a pair of pants or underwear is the worse. I think it is indicative of baby dropping... just logical physics I guess with the pressure of what's going on in there. But hang in there. You can do it. I'm only 19wks 6days so I may (hopefully!!!) have another 15 weeks of this pain. (I have triplets on the way, hence the early arrival of this normally mid-late 3rd trimester symptom.) I'm trying to lay as horizontal as possible from here on out for this pregnancy... not so much to alleviate the pain, but to prevent dilation. I do find that when I lay still the pain isn't there so much. Have you tried that? Keep your chin up. You've done well... your baby is safe at this point even if you deliver tomorrrow. Give yourself a big pat on the back for making it. Good luck!!!!

Last edited by Kari15; 09-08-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Yes I had that too right were my pubic area is and boy does it hurt! I also had the lower back pain bad. It was so hard to walk.

On the brighter side, it can mean you are almost there with everything stretching and making room for baby to be born. I tried to also see the positive side and that it was just my body doing what needed to be done. You are almost there. Hang in there!!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Delia, Kari & all,

congrats and making it so far. I'm 36 wks today and also have been feeling pain in the pubic area for a while off and on. Last night it was pretty bad and accompanied by lower belly pain which I wasn't sure if those were "practice" contractions. It's tough because this is my first baby and I am so paranoid that I won't recognize when I should go to the hospital.

Like you Delia - I feel like I'm pretty tough and able to breathe through my pains, but what if I don't go in to the hospital in time, especially if baby comes early, because I don't think that it's really "it". These are my fears. I need to relax.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Oh yes, and I was going to say about work - I totally agree. I want to "use" all of my benefit for when the baby is actually here. Luckily, I can work from home some times, and I'm doing that about 2-3 times per week right now, which totally helps!

My OB said that you can take disability up to 6 wks prior to your due date, and it doesn't affect your post-delivery disability benefits. It might just be a Calif. thing, not sure. But I'm not doing that because it's not full pay, and we need the money.

Closed Thread