It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

topdoris HB User
questions about kicking at 36 weeks

hi guys i will be 36 weeks pregnant on thursday the baby is getting bigger and i can feel this however i do feel it is still breach

the midwife and doctors advise to keep a look at how often the kicking is i see my belly move however cant tell whether this is a kick or not as i am overweight and where placenta is etc i find it hard to tell i did call my midwife this morning and she advised if i can see my belly move then this is ok and not to be concerned

would appreciate your thoughts on this

linda

Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User
Re: questions about kicking at 36 weeks

Hi topdoris,

I am 36 wks today - we're so close to each other. I would agree that if you see your stomach moving or feel it, the baby is likely just fine doing it's thing.

Curious why you think baby is breach? I ask because I got a 3D sonogram at 30 wks and he was definitely head down and always seemed to be about the same angle until last week, when I woke up one morning and my stomach looked totally different and I could feel a huge thing up high which I got worried is his head, and I kind of panicked thinking maybe he is breech. I have a dr. appt tomorrow and I hope she can confirm for me either way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 AM   #3
(female)

topdoris HB User

hi just dance they mentioned it was breached on my last mid wife appt and said its a possibility it is my belly is really hard on the left habd side and i feel this could be the head so hopefully its not breach i have my appt on monday at the hospital let me know how yours goes

linda

Old 09-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
(female)

want2beamama HB User

I am right around both of you...37 weeks on Friday. I have the hard spot at the top of my belly, but my doctor has said that is his butt and he is head down.
I still feel movement and kicks, but the doctor said last week it won't be as frequent b/c there is less room for him to move around.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by want2beamama; 09-09-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Hi there,
Getting close to the end is so exciting! But it can be worrisome too (with the breach position, etc.). I just wanted to let you know though, that like the pp (with my last baby), once I got to about 34 weeks or so the "kicks" became less frequent, however I could feel the baby moving, and I could see him moving (turning from one side to the other, also little punches and kicks). But I agree that they are just so squished in there at this point that the kicking does become much less.
I think if you can see your belly move, and you can feel the baby moving inside then you have nothing to worry about.
Let us know how it goes with finding out if baby's head down!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Closed Thread