It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

crossingXline HB User
Constantly craving sweets!

I read in a cute little book that if you're craving lots of sweets you're sure to have a girl. Well It seems to be true for me. But here I am closer to 30wks along and it's only getting worse. I have NEVER ever been the type of person to just buy cookies or cakes or candy bars. I maybe ate one candy bar total a month if that. Now it seems like I'm going through a box of cookies a week. I have noticed that I always drink milk when I eat cookies/chocolate. Could it be possible my bodies craving more calcium so I really need the milk but my bodies craving the cookies that come along with it? I know that sounds a little weird I'm just trying to figure out why suddenly now it feels like I almost need cookies!!!Anyways does anyone know any healthier recipes or substitutes for fighting of sweet cravings?

Old 09-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
(female)

Green Frog HB User
Re: Constantly craving sweets!

OMG - I was just coming on the boards to post the same question about craving sweets. I am only about 12 weeks and just starting this week I have been wanting something sweet almost constantly and I mean sweet, like candy - and the sugary kind like sweet tarts, starbursts, etc. I feel like I could just eat a pound of sugar! I am not sure what gives either. I have found that eating a sweet tasting fresh fruit, like peach or pineapple helps to take care of the need for something sweet and I figure that its better than candy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

With my first pregnancy, I really craved sweets as well. Candy bars, cookies, and sugary cereals. I'm not sure what it is that makes us crave certain things (especially when they have next to no nutritional content!)...
I just wanted to point out though that home made cookies, cakes, etc.. are always better than store bought (not so many perservatives, etc. in them), so if you have the time and energy, you might want to think about baking a batch of cookies that could last you a couple weeks (a lot of the time they're much better tasting, too!).
Just a thought!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Old 09-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

My only craving during both pregnancies has been milk. However, this time around, Oreo's have had to come along with it. I too am not the type to eat sweets, especially not chocolate. But for some reason I have this time around. By the way, I have one girl and one on the way....so, there may be some truth to this theory!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User

I have been having the same issue lately - and I'm also having a girl! It sounds like there may be some truth to that theory. My cravings are getting worse as time goes on. I have also been buying cookies a lot lately - and I never used to buy cookies! What I have been trying to do to remedy the situation is to eat lower calorie things. One of the things I eat are those Jell-o pudding cups that are only 100 calories each. I top it with a spoon full of whipped cream and it's really good! There are fudgesicles that are 100 calories each that are pretty satisfying. Also, hot cocoa - if you make it with hot water or low fat milk it's better for you. It's funny because where I live it's been about 100 degrees outside and I'm sitting here drinking hot cocoa...but hey, it works! Not that any of us should be concerned about our calorie counting now - but I don't want to over do it. I tried the whole fruit idea, but when you are craving chocolate (which I do) that just doesn't cut it. I hope these suggestions are helpful to you

Old 09-11-2008, 04:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

I too drink hot cocoa made with water. It's been hot as heck here lately as well, but here I will sit at my desk at work and drink a cup like it's 20 below out. It really does help if you are having a chocolate craving.

Closed Thread