It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

michelle1245 HB User
I'm pregnant and my face keeps breaking out, why?

I'm pregnant and my face keeps breaking out, why?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
Re: I'm pregnant and my face keeps breaking out, why?

I had this problem. Hormones are to blame. But becare about the fash wash you use. Some of them can be harmful to the baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Yes, it's all due to those pesky hormones You know how PLENTY of teenagers get acne when they are going through puberty? Same sort of relation. How far along are you? It may get better once you get into the second trimester, and the hormones are evening out in your body, it just depends on the person.

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User

I have this problem - it was really bad at the beginning. I had acne all over my face, back, and chest. Now I'm 22 weeks and it's much better, but still there. It's mostly only on my face now. Just try to keep your face really clean. I stopped wearing foundation and clean my skin regularly throughout the day, which really helps.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

I'm still fighting with this problem too, ill be 16 weeks tomorrow. i had it extremely bad at the beginning, all around my chin especially. its definitely gotten better as the weeks went on. I read that the "pregnancy glow" that women get has a lot to do with the fact that your face is producing more oil which in some women gives them a "glow" and in other women reaks havoc in the acne department. just try to wash your face at least 2-3 times a day and dont touch it alot with your hands. you can't use certain acne medications while you are pregnant so definitely either check with a dermatologist or your doctor before you start using any. i read to stay away from salicylic acid but my doctor said use products with 2% or less salicylic acid, and thats fine. dont use proactiv or anything like that.

this is a weird suggestion but wash your pillow cases once ever couple days. now that a lot of us have to sleep on our sides, your pillow case will get more oil on it during the night from our face. i used to sleep on my back every night until i had to switch to my sides because of my growing belly but i have noticed that if i dont wash my pillow case every couple days, i will get breakouts on my cheeks. ive never had acne on my cheeks before and i know its from my sleeping position.

hope this helps! i wish i had more of the "pregnancy glow" instead of the "acne glow"

Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I had the same problem in the beginning then it got better around the 2nd trimester. but now that I am 34 weeks it has come back twice as bad my face stays so oily and my hair just feels and looks nasty and I was my hair twice a day now and I am always cleaning my face but still it breaks out mostly along my hairline and my chin and on the back of my neck. I have never had skin problems before I got pregnant. It is so annoying.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 AM   #7
(female)

Acneguy1 HB User
Smile Re: I'm pregnant and my face keeps breaking out, why?

My obgyn was very cautious about the treatments I took for my pregnancy acne. The only treatment she highly recommended was Niapads which contains an ingredient generally recognized as safe for pregnant women and nursing mothers. Took about a week for my face to clear once I started treatment. The directions indicate using it twice daily, but I found that once a day worked for me.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic, germicide, antibacterial & fungicide. If you have a health food store nearby try finding a bottle of tea tree oil. I know this is out of the ordinary advice. The commercial cleaners you find in the stores are highly processed and consist of mostly chemicals and perfumes which really don't help the situation at all. Tea tree oil is going straight for the cure. I usually put a drop or two on a cotton pad or cotton ball and dab on hold onto the acne, or infected area. Do this several times a day. Remember this is naturally antibacterial and antifungal that can help keep your skin clear. Partially if it hormones out of balance-but that is pregnancy!

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 09-22-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

LittleRose1982 HB User

Another thing you can try is adding water to a little baking soda to make a paste, and dabbing that on the acne. It dries it right out. You look ridiculous with it on, so do it at night. I am still struggling with this problem, but not nearly as bad as I was during the first trimester.

Closed Thread