It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User
March 2009 mommies - Part 3

Hi there, our other thread was closed so starting a new one carrying on from where we left off...

Silver, it seems we've bought the same stuff! I also only bought a pair of maternity jeans and a pair of black work pants Ruby, enjoy your shopping!! I'm planning to skip a weekend and only go looking the following weekend Blue-eyed-girl, so cool that you have clothes from before that you can re-use... I did not know how expensive maternity wear is till I started shopping! Carrie - the belt idea sounds really great - let us know if you managed to find one.

I also put on about 3 pounds in the first tri. So good to know my weight progress is similar to everyone elses!

Wow, I cannot believe we are already getting to schedule the big u/s!! - Mine is on Oct 24 (20w1d) but I have my reg OB appt on Oct 3 (17w1d) and he already said he will look for gender at that appt!

Bunny - well done on a great appt!!

Ruby - welcome to the second trimester!... sure feels good... I am just 4 days behind you!!

Have a great day ladies

Last edited by Hazel 74; 09-10-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
Re: March 2009 mommies - Part 3

I used rubberbands before going to maternity close. I looped it through the hole and around the button. The belly band is what you are looking for.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

I actually Found the Tummy bands today At Motherhood. They sell them for 16.98 & I bought two. Black/White. I came home & put it on..So Far So Good. Hope everyones having a Wonderful Day.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cashahn HB User

Hazel so happy to see everything is going great for you and baby, I cant wait to hear about your next U/S. Are you definately going to find out the sex? how exciting.
Wellnow that I have the internet back up and running I will make sure I pop in more often.

All the best
Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 09-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

Hi, Forgot to mention to, we scheduled the big u/s on Oct 21. can't wait! We are thinking Boy.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

Cashahn - thanks so much for stopping by to check in on me I really appreciate it!! Yes, we definitely want to find out the gender!... we're really happy for either, but just curious

Bunny - I am thinking boy too... though no preference at all either way... I just want a healthy baby

Carrie - thanks for the update re. the bands! I will look for them too...
B-E-G - rubber band idea sounds really good... I never thought of that!

Hope everyone is doing well... wishing you a good week ahead!

Old 09-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

ok, I have still 2.5 weeks to go before my next appt (it will have been be 4 weeks since the last one)... I am just getting jittery and worried hopefully for no reason. The thing is - I can't really see any significant increase in my belly size since 2 weeks ago (noted some diff b/w 12 and 13 weeks, but nothing noticeable to the naked eye since then)... is this something to worry about?... is our belly supposed to grow from week to week?

Hope everyone is doing well

Old 09-16-2008, 06:01 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User

Hazel - I wanted to pop over and see how you were doing. You must be excited for your U/S appt next month. I was reading some of the posts, so exciting being over here! Looking forward to hearing about your U/S! Rest and take care -Lisa

Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Hazel, I understand. I saw an increase, but it didn't seem to get any bigger. Then I though it was because I see myself everyday, so I wouldn't notice small incruments over time. Other people have commented on it, though. I hate the wait between appointments. I am always worried about something. Then I hear the heartbeat and am reassured.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Hazel, I think it's hard not to obsess over looking at the belly and wanting to see it grow each week! And sometimes in the morning after a long nite of sleep you may wake up and think it looks smaller than the day before! But I don't think you have anything to worry about. It won't be long before that belly of yours is so big your draw will drop each time you walk by a mirror! Can't wait for your appointment in a couple weeks! It'll be fun to hear if it's a boy or girl for you!!! Hope all is well today!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Hazel! The girls are right. The worry is completely natural. But I'm sure that all is fine w/ your little one. Some days you will look bigger than others & some days your belly will be harder than others, you really never know what to expect! It is so hard waiting in between appts though, so I really feel for you! I hope the next 2 weeks fly by so you can rest assured again.

Holly

Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #12
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

I went to the doctor yesterday, Everything looked great..All Though They really didnt do much...LOL
The baby's Heartbeat was 163...I have an U/S set for The 8th of October & I will be 17 weeks..Whats the chances I will find out the sex of the baby..?? Anybody know..?? I cant Wait ...

Old 09-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #13
(female)

courtenaynt HB User

I'm going at 16 weeks on Monday and they said they're pretty sure they will be able to tell me the gender. Not 100% sure, but there's a very good chance. So at 17 weeks, you'll probably be able to tell! Although if the baby isn't cooperating or is curled up, you can't always see what you need to.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hazel 74 HB User

Lisa dear - thanks so much for stopping by to check in on me It means so much to me

Blue-eyed-girl, Kari, Holly - thanks so much as well for your reassurances about my worries it has really helped me. And you girls are right! - somedays looks bigger than others and some days it is harder!!!... arghhh... this wait

Ccarrie - courtnaynt is absolutely right! - at 17 weeks you should be able to know the gender unless baby is hiding

Courtnaynt - wow, so exciting that your u/s in Monday!!! -- good luck, I really hope baby cooperates can't wait to hear your update!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hazel I am glad that everything is going well. As for the belly thing my tummy size still changes daily, DH told me last night that my tummy looked smaller that usual, and my baby is soooooooo active so try not too worry.

Ruby how are you doing???? I hope everything is going well for you and beanie and the rest of your family.

Been thinking of you my friends.

Love
Char

Closed Thread