It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 06:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User
February Mom's 2009 part 5

Well girls wanted to start a new thread.

Teach thanks for stopping by I am trying not to let MIL get to me.Like I said if she keeps it up it will be her lose cause she wont be seeing much of her grandbabies.I am so excited for my appointment today its at 12:30............I just hope my babies are well and I do hope we are able to find out if we are having 2 boys or boy,girl.Well take care talk to you later.

Kari I saw your good luck note to me thanks I will keep you all posted on my appointment.Have a good one.

Eva

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: February Mom's part V

Eva, good luck for your appointment today I hope that baby 'b' opens its leg so you can see what it is. I hope that MIL backs off.

Thinking of you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Can't wait for the update Eva!!! Hope all went well at your appt!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Ok ladies back from OB things went well.Excpet for OB found my blood pressure slighty on the high side but that is because MIL was there with us.........lol.Well today baby A was being shy but we dont care cause RE saw that was a boy plus OB thought it was a boy several weeks ago.Anyway Baby B is a GIRL yes a girl well I still wont believe it until 20 week u/s.Well it was funny cause their h/b's are 147 and 156 so before OB saw the girl I said is it true what they say about the h/b under 150 is a boy and over 150 is a girl he laughed and said not always the case I see you have been researching.............lol.So when he said girl I said see it turns out its true.............lol.He just laughed.OMG I wish I had a camera to take a picture of DH's face when he said girl.It was priceless he was so cute.Ok so onto my MIL who came with us today she went to far.She asked OB twice what my weight was so he finally told her I gained 24 pounds and she said OMG you need to watch your weight.OB got annoyed with her as well and said I am not worried about her weight I am worried about her blood pressure.So I got so mad if OB had taken my blood pressure right then it would have been through the roof.I said to her in front of OB if I want to gain 200 pounds thats my buisness not yours.She dident even ask about the babies or was she worried about my blood pressure.OB told me to avoid salt and spagetti type foods and breads and to keep an eye on my blood pressure.Anyway I told DH that is enough I will not see her for while.She ruined our day and I wont forgive her she has gone to far.I just felt bad for DH cause he was upset to with her but bottom line its his mother.He couldent believe her after he had a talk with her she did it again.So now I see she came just to find out my weight gain and not about how the babies are.Ok sorry to vent I am just so upset.Well liitle boy weighs 8.6 ounces and baby girl weighs 9.2 she is measuring bigger and she was more active.I cant believe how big they got their heads are near my ribs and at one point they were bunting heads OB thought that was funny and he laughed.So babies are weighing big for their age so I am happy about that.Ok ladies thanks for checking in.Hope you all have a wonderful afternoon.

Eva

Old 09-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Eva I am sooooo happy for you!!! I'm sure you guys are thrilled to be having a boy and a girl! Their sizes sound great. You should be very proud of yourself!! Now, as far as your MIL....OMG!! I can't believe she said that. I am glad your OB kinda shut her down. I would def. not let her come to an appt. again. That is extremely rude! I am so sorry that she did that and you had to deal with her when you should have been enjoying your babies!!! Well, I am glad that things are going well with the babies. Do you have names yet?
Teach

Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Eva, how EXCITING!!!! A little boy and a little girl making their way into your family!!!! I can't believe it... I thought for sure it was gonna be another little boy for you. I bet you are so happy your little girl wasn't so shy today! Isn't it fun knowing now and you can go find another perfect pair of little shoes to put on that nightstand of yours?!? Yes, as for MIL, I'm with Teach. I just can't believe that woman. It truly is no wonder your BP was on the high side. Oh, and I pulled out my guidelines for a healthy multiple pregnancy and you are doing just fine! In fact, if there is any doubt... your OB assured today that your weight gain is benefitting your babies - they are weighing in beautifully!!! And that is just what you want! Keep it up girl, keep it up. You are doing great. Your MIL truly sounds like one miserable woman. I don't blame you for staying away from her! Well take it easy my friend... next time we'll see that your BP is much lower cause your MIL isn't there with you!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Eva,

I'm glad to hear both babies are healthy & weighing in good!! How exciting to have a little boy & a little girl! You get the best of both worlds! I can't believe how rude your MIL is, & I wouldn't let her go to anymore appts either. I certainly don't blame you there. I'm sure your bp will be fine as long as you distance yourself from her a bit. She really has some nerve! Well, you know how it is - some people should just come w/ filters so we don't have to hear some of the stupid or insensitive things they say. At least your dr was on your side. Well done on another great appt!

Holly

Old 09-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Eva congrats on another wondeful appointment. WOW a BOY and a GIRL how exciting I am so happy for you and DH. As for MIL I cannot believe that she is such a rude cow, she should be happy her grandbabies are doing so well and not worry about your weight gain, but I am glad that your OB put her down. Try not too worry about her too much you babies are doing well and that is all that matters. I hope your BP goes down by the next appointment. You are doing tremendously well.

Love
Char

Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Teach,Holly,Kari and Charlene thanks so much for the kind words I apprecaite them so much.DH and I still cant believe it.Honestly I wont believe it until 20 week u/s which is scheduled on 10/2. The funny thing is though that I dident even ask OB yesturdady but I saw that he kept nudging my tummy I thought he was trying to get a measurement of twin B but out of the blue he says its a girl.I said are you sure he said just about yes.He had this hugh smile on his face and he said it with such confidence.DH's face was truely priceless girls.I am so happy I could give him what he wanted not that he doesnt want a boy he did he just wanted one of each.

As for MIL I am so done with her no joke not only is she not coming to any more appointments but I am not going to talk to her for awhile.DH went by there this morning before going to work and she wasent there he wanted to give it to her.So I went in this morning for b/w and urine and I asked the nurse to take my BP and just as I thought it was normal as a matter of fact it was toward the low side like it always is.I had 140/70 yesturday and today it was 108/70.So my theory was right its was my MIL's pressence.I called OB and told him and he said did something upset you yesturday is that why your BP went up?I said yes it was someone who annoys me and he laughed he said I think I know who it was and then he says dont listen to anyone you will listen to me and your body.I think all is going well with you and the babies so everything and everyone else doesnt matter.I thanked him but he did say to still take my BP every other day to make sure it doesnt go up again.So thats my update.Kari as for the little shoes DH had the same idea so we will go this afternoon.............. Ok ladies once again thanks so much have a wonderful day.

Eva

Old 09-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Eva-I am glad to hear your b/p is better! Hopefully Dh can get through to MIL this time!! I'm glad your OB was kind enough to reassure you about everything! I also wanted to tell you that my next u/s is also on 10/2. I guess we can anxiously await together!!!

Teach

Old 09-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

Hey girls...so i've been reading your posts for about 12 weeks now and i guess its time i introduce myself ...i am a february mommy...due feb 27th. i will be 16 weeks tomorrow this our first baby, DH and i have been married for almost 2 years now...we went in at the 13 week mark for the first trimester genetic screening u/s and tried to see the sex but the baby didn't want us to know yet (much to DH's dismay) so we go back october 14th for our 20 week and we'll finally get to know what we're having. my next appt is sept. 18 but it's just a checkup, more BW, etc. we're both soo excited about this little one...i look forward to getting to know all of you in the next 5 months!!! congrats to all!! good luck and here's to happy/healthy pregnancies for all of us!

Old 09-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hi there Teach I'm glad my BP is back down as well it had me worried I barely slept last night.All kidding aside I really think my MIL's pressence effected my BP.As for DH getting through to her I dont know cause she has done a lot of stupid things and she continues to do stupid things and DH has talked to her about all the stupid things she does.I dont care anymore I am through with her I just care that my babies are well.Its her loss cause I went through a phase where I dident go to their house for so long and she still does stupid things.Honestly I wish we lived near my family.So anyway I got all my b/w and urine results back all is fine .Well thanks for stopping in take care.Oh and thats cool that we have our appointments the same day.

Eva

Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
(female)

lost_n_confused HB User

hey guys! glad to see everyone still going strong!!!

eva... im so glad you were able to find out. a boy AND girl! how exciting!!!!

my apt is tomorrow!! my nerves cant about hold out. that added to the excitment. i cant about stand it right now! hehe.dont know why but i am actually nervous about finding out the sex. not like it matters either way i will be overjoyed so will dh but its just weird. i think more so that i havent made it to this point before. this whole preg. i have been saying just make it to the ultrasound and things will be fine and its here... i just feel like i can actually be excited.. its great... oh on another note.. i saw a women who knows im pg and she says to me oh you are just getting FATTERand FATTER and FATTER!!!! grrr. yes im getting a huge belly but am actually loosing everywhere else i think because i havent gained but 1 pound.... i cant wait until it gets cold enough to wear winter close because my summer shirts.. even mat. ones are not covering the baby...i just cant justify buying new ones being so close to the end of summer. any way i need to hit the hay.. big day tomorrow! and a very long drive!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Eva my friend, thrilled to hear that your b/w and urine testing results came back and showed that everything was fine! Good job. And I had a feeling your BP might reflect a much lower number if taken without MIL there! I don't blame you one bit for staying away from her. She just doesn't get it. I think it might be better for your emotional and mental health if you don't have to deal with her and that, in turn, is good for your babies! Did you get that second pair of shoes for the nightstand? That'll be sure to keep a constant smile on your face and warm your heart! Hope that you are having a good nite my friend!

Eloise, Welcome and congrats on the pending arrival of your little one! Good luck with your upcoming appt... we look forward to hearing all about it!

Lost, It's so cute how excited you sound. Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear the gender of your little one!

Last edited by Kari15; 09-11-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hey there Kari well I have made my decission I am keeping my distance she is not going to get to me anymore enough is enough.So enough about her she is not even worth my time to talk about.I am just happy all my results came back good means I am doing something right and should be given some credit right.Ok so yes DH and I went out last night and bought a pair of pink little shoes oh they are just so adorable.Well thanks for stopping by have a great day.

Eloise welcome to Feb moms glad to have you.Glad things are going well with you and baby.Stick around its really great here.Take care.

Hey Lost good to hear from you.So glad your appointment is today how awesome.I am sure all will go just fine.Keep us posted.Thanks for the congrats DH and I couldent be happier I still wont believe it until 20 week u/s though.Ok well have a great day will look forward to your post.

Eva

Closed Thread