It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
Flu?!?!

i thought we had another month at least until Flu season started up! i just heard that the guy who sits two desks down from me has it...im so ****** that he has been coming to work every day and not mentioning it to anyone. i wanted to scream "im pregnant! dont you know what that can do to me?!?!"

i have been fighting a little something since yesterday but i really dont think its the flu, just a cold...but that got me thinking. i know ive read on the internet bad things about getting the flu while pregnant but has anyone on this board had first hand experience with it in this pregnancy or a previous one? is it as terrible as the internet makes it out to be?

i called my obgyn and they did recommend a flu shot but they said they dont usually start giving them out until oct.1st...anyone have any advice on this?

Old 09-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: Flu?!?!

Hmmm, I am not sure, I haven't had the flu in years, and hope I don't get it either! I am just curious, what does it say about getting the flu while pregnant? I mean, what makes it so much worse then having it when not? Is it dangerous? I am due in about 20 days so I am not too worried about getting it or anything, just wondering. I did have Shingles during this pregnancy, which is the adult form of Chicken Pox. I read on the internet and while it said it wasn't of concern while pregnant, it did say that the actual Chicken Pox virus is dangerous during pregnancy. It still made me worry, but apparently all is still fine. Well, I hope you don't catch anything from that guy. Good luck! Some people are sooo inconsiderate!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread