It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
My temper! Need to vent...

Hi ladies,

I normally consider myself a very patient person, who doesn't have many anger issues at all. Lately though, I have been noticing that the smallest things will just about make me lose my mind with anger. DH and I have been arguing so much lately (and we rarely did before), because I just take some of the things he says (or jokes about) the wrong way, and then all hell breaks loose!
There have been a few things today that just made me want to break something. My 16 mo ds was playing with his toys, and he has this toy school bus that makes noise if you push it (it's battery operated), however it sometimes goes off even if you don't touch it, and there's no on/off switch. So he was nicely sitting there playing with something else, and this darn bus just kept going off over, and over, and over again! I just wanted to pick it up and throw it out the window!!! Also, the tap in our kitchen has been coming loose lately (it's the attatchment actually, it's the kind that rotates on the actual tap, so you can move it in a 360 degree circle) and it came off today like 3 times, spraying hot water all over the kitchen when I was trying to rinse dishes, and I started pounding on the lever (to turn off the water) so hard, that I bent it!!! Thinking about it now is somewhat amusing, but at the time I just feel SO LIVID!!!
This didn't happen with my first pregnancy (to such a degree anyway), so this feeling of rage is relatively new to me. Anybody else in the same boat???
Thanks for letting me rant!!!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: My temper! Need to vent...

I had the same problems when I was in my second trimester. I even considered leaving my husband at times. I go so mad over everything my temper was horrible I finally found a way to get it out but I think I might of scared a few people. I would walk with my MP3 player talking to myself kicking rocks and what ever else made me feel better at the time. I know this is going to sound crazy I laugh at myself now but one day DH made me so mad I left walking (it was so hot!!!) I had a bottle of water,mp3, and my cell phone being it was so hot I didn't go far I walked to the goat pen and sit in the chair and talked to the goats it was so funny they just stood there and acted like they knew what I was telling them... The best thing I found is I had to learn to laugh at myself or I would of went crazy.
Try to relax take a few deep breathes it all else give yourself a time out in your room or something (sounds funny but it does work it gives you time to cool off)
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the reply tami! It's good to know I'm not crazy. You are definitely right about the time out thing. I have found myself going to my room fairly often lately to cry if I'm really frustrated (particularily with dh). And I usually feel a lot better after just a few minutes. We have a really good marriage, but I definitely have found myself just fuming with the way he acts sometimes! And these are everyday, normal things that he's always done, or when he says things that really aren't out of the ordinary for him, that make me so angry. So I know it's me (although, I would swear up and down at the time that it's him!), but it can be really hard to deal with. Especially because I know stress isn't good for the baby.
As far as getting mad at inanimate objects.... This is getting ridiculous. And my son is always watching too, so that makes me feel guilty as well. Like today when I was beating on the lever for the tap, I was aware he was there, just kind of staring and wondering what was going on. And when I looked down at him, he just held his arms up to be held (probably because he was scared, poor little guy...). But I have to say that I did feel much better after letting off some steam!

Whiskers

Old 09-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

The temper thing passed for me and I think it does for most women. The only thing I have run into where I drove DH crazy is when my belly started to get really big and DH wasn't as intrested in sex well in my mind he wasn't. So to me I felt rejected,hurt, and unattractive so I would get really upset and cry about it most of the time. Just to find out it had nothing to do with the way I looked he liked my belly and most of the time he was in the "mood" but he had heard me say earlier in the day how my back hurt or I was tired so he didn't want to bother me. And when I would try and start things and he wouldn't it was really simple he would say he was tired come to find out it was because he didn't think it would be comfortable for me or his weight on my belly would hurt something.
I just wanted to go ahead and give you the heads up because that is what came next for me and like you I have a DS so I've been pg before but I never had any of these promblems.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 09-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
(female)

lamby248 HB User

I can say that I am starting to see myself loosing my temper alot more lately. I also am feeling the same way Tami is feeling about sex and dh. This is my 3rd and I don't recall specific similarities with the other two, but I was moody at times, I remember.

I am sure hoping that it passes. I hate being moody!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Try thinking mind over matter. You have the power to control this. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are not happy in your home, you are probably making everyone else not happy either and that really isn't fair. Usually the woman has the power and try to think about your reactions before you react like that. Think about how it makes your husband feel when you do off on him; instead just amuse him or ignore him if he is truly irritating you. With the bus, take the batteries out? In the past pregnant or not, I could easily become livid, but I started to think about how the way I act effects others and when I started to change and become happy, so did everyone else. This is just a different perspective,

Old 09-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the replies!
I'm sure hoping it does pass because like I said, I'm not normally this moody. Like everyone, some days are better and some are worse, I just feel like lately when it's "worse", it's MUCH worse!
But anyway, I haven't been feeling so angry over little things in the past few days, so let's hope it stays that way.

Whiskers

Closed Thread