It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
(female)

madera74 HB User
Baby Piper is here!! October 2008 Mommy

Hi ladies! Guess who decided to make an early appearance??

I went in for my ob appointment this past Wed. afternoon, which was supposed to be the first of my weekly visits. My drs. office is close to work so I expected to run over there for a quick appointment and run back to work to finish my day. Surprise.. my blood pressure was quite elevated (it never had been before in all of my visits) which prompted my doctor to order some bloodwork and a non-stress test. Diagnosis: preeclampsia. At first my dr. said I might have to go on immediate bedrest, but when the labs came back she said that I needed to go right to the hospital, that we were going to have this baby now! Remember I had been complaining about my terribly swollen ankles and feet? And at my last appt. there had been a little bit of protein in my urine? These are both symptoms of preeclampsia, but all that time my blood pressure had been just fine so my doctor was not concerned. So I was a bit blindsided to say the least at the urgency of the situation.

So, while in shock I basically ran home and threw some things in a bag (we of course thought we had a few weeks yet so weren't quite ready!) and off to the hospital we went. Got there about 6:30 p.m. on Wed.and they induced me - first by 4 rounds of Misoprosol - contractions finally kicked in with the 4th round - and then Pitocin. I did eventually get an epidural, which took a long time due to a number of other emergencies and things going on in the maternity ward that night. The epidural however was not effective and the nurse had to call the anesthesiologist back twice to get the right dosage going to be effective. So I experienced a fair amount of labor before I was able to get some relief. I had moved slowly from 3 to 4 to 5 cm dilated throughout the day and then the next time I was checked, suddenly it was 'quick page the doctor, I can see the head!'. Just 3 rounds of pushes and little miss Piper Claire made her grand entrance to the world, at 12:46 am on Friday 9/12. At 5 lbs 12 oz, and 19 inches. She was as healthy as can be and we couldn't be more thrilled! She has so much dark hair and looks just like her doting papa. She's been just perfect so far and I can not believe that she's here and she's ours! Hooray!

I am wishing all of you safe deliveries and happy and healthy babies and will be watching this board closely for all of the bundles of joy that should be arriving soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
(female)

LisaW88 HB User
Re: Baby Piper is here!

Madera- That is so amazing!!! Congrats!!! What a little miracle! You got lucky on the three pushes! lol, but good things is that they didn't make you have a c-section! Anyway, just wanted to say congrats to you and your hubby on your little Piper!!! I bet she's adorable! I just turned 35 weeks pregnant with twins and I can't wait to be done being pregnant! Congrats!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
(female)

want2beamama HB User
Re: October Mommies 2008 Part 2

CONGRATULATIONS MADERA!! Welcome to the world Piper! What a great name!
How very exciting that your little one is here. You are the first of our October Mommies group. Best wishes to you and your family!

Old 09-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

Ahhhhh Congrats!!! Im glad everything turned out ok for the two of you!

Old 09-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

Ahhhhh Congrats!!! Im glad everything turned out ok for the two of you!

Old 09-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
Re: Baby Piper is here!! October 2008 Mommy

Congrats on the arrival of your darling Piper! I'm so glad everyone is healthy and doing well!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

JustDance HB User

Congratulations Madera!! What a surprise, indeed! I'm so excited for you and Piper and pappa. I think I may be an October mom that has her bundle of joy in Sept also, who knows, we'll see.

I'm so excited for you guys!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hotmama08 HB User

CONGRATULATIONS MADERA!

Wow! that was a surprise huh! Im glad that both mommy and baby are healthy. It makes me think that I should be double checking my labor bag and nursery one more time. Im so happy for you and baby Piper!!! Keep us updated.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Congrats and welcome to the world baby Piper.............

Eva

Old 09-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
Veteran

Mod08 HB UserMod08 HB UserMod08 HB User

Congratulations on the birth of Piper! You have been blessed with a miracle. Enjoy your time together and capture as much as you can on film. When the babies grow older, you will treasure these memories more than ever.

Blessings to you and your family.
Mod 08

Old 09-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Congrats on the birth of your little girl! Her surprise early arrival makes me want to pack my hospital bag now & I'm not due until the end of November...lol! So glad to hear everyone is healthy & doing well!

Holly

Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

congradulations on your little girl! this seems to be the week for babies. i just had my son on the 9th and they said they were much more busier then normal and even having to put patients on different floors cuz there was no room.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

CONGRATS on the arrival of your little girl. I am glad to hear that mom and Piper are doing well. Treasure every moment.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Congratulations, Madera! And welcome to little Piper!! I am so happy to hear that you all are doing well!!!!

Kelley

Old 09-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #15
(female)

forgetmenotcj HB User

I am super excited for you (and a wee-bit jealous)! Congratulatios I hope everything is perfect

Closed Thread