It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

crossingXline HB User
How much stress is too much?

I've read and been told that after you put your body through a lot of chronic stress it can start having effects on your baby. If it means preterm delivery or anxiety. My father passed away yesterday and I don't know when to be worried. I'm not in a normal state of mind and I don't know how to turn it off. But im just wondering how much is too much and how will I know.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User
Re: How much stress is too much?

First off, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. I admire your strength through this difficult time.

As far as the stress, I don't know any scientific numbers, but I do have experience. With my first pregnancy, I was an active duty Air Force recruiter. Trying to recruit young people into the military during a war is just about as stressful as things can get. I worked up until I was 39 weeks. Sometimes working 12 hour days. I would have to get up @ 3 am, in the dead of winter, and drive through some of the toughest neighborhoods in Brooklyn, alone, to pick up applicants. There were days when I would cry uncontrollably from the stress; especially if I'd just gotten screamed at, by my boss, for not making quota . . . Through all of this, my son was born completely healthy and was actually 8 days late.

So, long story short, I wouldn't worry too much about the affects of stress on your baby. I would mostly concentrate on taking care of yourself. That would be the best for you both. Good luck in the weeks to come. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
Re: How much stress is too much?

I'm so sorry about your father and you are in my prayers.

As far as stress with the baby I had it pretty rough with my DS. I was 19 yrs old over 700 miles from home my parents wasn't very pleased with me so it was a stressfull relationship but still the worse was yet to come. I was 23wks and engaged to be married but my soon to be MIL didn't see that happening and well her son was a mama's boy majorly. So I was back at home with my parents for a week and my step mother through me out. Any my mom and I have never really had a relationship but I stayed with her all the while tring to deal the guy that was now denying my son. So long story short it was really hard and stressfull but my son was due 5/8 I was induced 5/20 had him 21st and he was perfectly healthy 7 lbs 21 inches.

This time I have been on high risk because they found some problems at 20 weeks with my DD so it hasn't been a stress free easy ride this time either.

I think your baby will be just fine take some time and take care of yourself.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Closed Thread