It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
(female)

sara0322 HB User
horrible back pain and pregnant

i am having horrible spine and rib pain and stomach pains and i am 6 months pregant and i was wondering if anyone else had this kind of pain or if i should be worried about it.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User
Re: horrible back pain and pregnant

As far back as I can remember, I have been having really bad rib & back pain. It is mostly on my right side. If I press on the top of my ribs (right under my breasts) it is very sore. The pain in my back comes and goes. It feels like a sharp throbbing (if that makes any sense). The pain in my back is almost exactly where the pain in my ribs is (as if it goes straight through the front to the back). I find that if I lay on my right side the pain gets worse. I've been using menthol patches on the site on my back @ night. That helps a little. I can vaguely remember having these pains with my first pregnancy; however, I don't remember if it was this uncomfortable. Good luck in the coming weeks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Re: horrible back pain and pregnant

Hi -

If you haven't already done this, call your doctor's office and ask this question. Back and belly pain can indicate labor. You pay your doctor to take good care of you and the baby, and if you don't tell the doctor what is happening, the doctor cannot do his/her best for you.

As the mom of a preemie, I say call. Better safe!

Cheers! Barbara

Closed Thread