It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Welcoming Eliah to the world!!!!

Eliah was born on 9-8-08 at 8:36am he was 6lbs 14.6ozs. I was induced on sept 6th because of my gd i was told the baby would be "big". Well anyway i had a painless induction and the funny part is after him being so active inside me for so long he did not want to cooperate. Yes, his head was still high and to top it off my body was bein lazy i went to 3 cm only after two days i still was not in active labor. On Sunday i finally got to 3cm and was told i was in active labor but i really couldnt feel it. they put me on stadall its a pain medication that had me feeling really loopy for a while. I was very relaxed in the hospital and then on monday morning about 5am i was told they they could not increase the pitocin so they would do a c-section.

To my surprise the sound of it didnt sound scary at all after waiting so long. I wanted to see my little one asap. I probably would have been scared if the c-section was an enmergency but it wasnt any complications. I heard the babys heartrate strong prior to the surgery i think this is what relaxed me. I was able to get the epidural and every ten minutes they increased it until i was completely numb. The side effect of this was the shivering and the feeling of being numb from the stomach down was wierd. The whole process took about an hour but felt like 30 minutes. He came out crying as loud as can be and eyes so big and wide. I was given pain medication after the epidural wore off and was so happy i didnt not suffer from much pain. After spending a week in the hospital i was sent home the 12th and now im just taking care of my little man.

Im going to get my staples out tuesday and im healing very well and i was some pain but the prescription they give is pretty good for pain so all im left with is some discomfort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: Welcoming Eliah to the world!!!!

Congratulations, Sweetest!!
What's that pain medication they gave you that's so good? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that the pain isn't too bad at all after a c-section--good for you!
Enjoy every second with that little boy, he will be grown before you can blink...

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Old 09-15-2008, 04:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Im not sure of the spelling but it sounds like staydall. This medicine hadme talking in circles but the pain was not there. The only con about this drug was that i didnt feel too incontrol of myself (if that makes sense). Ijust felt out of it but having family and friends around made it sooo much better.

Also for the pain of my c-section cut they gave me ibprophen and percacet(not sure if that is spelled right) but the percacet helped more for the pain of the incision and the ibprophen helped for the throbing pain and cramps.

I felt moving around helped alot. The morei sat still the stiffer i got and more painful it would be to move later. Getting in and out of bed was the only major headache however i always did get a good sleep.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User

Hi sweetest and congrats on the arrival of your little man. I hope he brings you so much joy. I am glad that the c-section ws not too bad and that you are recovering well. Take care of yourself and your precious little one.

Charlene

Old 09-15-2008, 04:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Sweetest!! Congrats on the arrival of your little man! I'm glad to hear the c-section was not bad & you are already well into your recovery! Enjoy yourself during this very special time!

Holly

Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 AM   #6
(female)

going2thebeach1 HB User

Hi sweetest! Congrats on the arrival of your little boy.

I'm being induced on Wednesday and up to this point, my cervix has not changed at all (I have another doc appointment tomorrow . . . hopefully, I'll show some change). My fear is that, like you, I may end up having a c-section (which I do not want). Can you tell me, did they use cervidil on you? It's my understanding that they insert the cervidil at night and that is suppose to soften the cervix. Then, the next day, they start meds which are suppose to start labor. Is that what they did to you? I'm hoping that since this is my 2nd birth, maybe my induction will go a little quicker since my body has already been through it. Any info would be appreciated.

Again, congrats! I'm so glad that everything went smoothly for you.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

CONGRATS Sweetest..............So glad to hear things went well.Welcome to the world baby Eliah.Like everyone said enjoy this time with him.Take care.

Eva

Old 09-15-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Congratulations, Sweetest!!! Welcome, baby Eliah!!!! I hope that you are feeling well!!

Kelley

Old 09-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

congratulations!! i am glad everything worked out well!!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

congradulations on your little boy! we were both worried about big babies for nothing, both were perfect size. good luck with everything. no more gd isnt it great!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

YAY! I had to laugh when I saw that you ended up with a c-section, after all the worrying and angst you had about labor! Glad it worked out in the end, though.

I'm sure you're really enjoying your new little guy...

OH, and to going2thebeach -- sometimes cervadil doesn't work. I'm a "failed induction" that ended up as a c-section...

Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User

Congrats!! I'm happy everything went well after such a rock pregnancy... I hope you started eating ice cream and pizza again

Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Thanks everyone!

SG and fruitloop- My sugar level were being monitored while in the hospital and they went back to normal instantly. What a relief sg the first thing i thought about was you and your pizza craving i got the hospital menu and ust being on a dietfor the last three weeks made the hospital food taste even better. Havent had ice cream yeat but trust me its on the way.

Going to the beach-- I thought that i would come in get pitocin and get things started but as yo can see i was wrong. Of all the reading i done i had never heard of cervidil but this was used on me the first time on saturday i only went to 1/2 cent. (Remind you when i came i was completely closed) then the second go round with the cervidil i went to 1 cent. So they put a catheder in my bladder and it hurted a little because the thought of having a needle down there, i just couldnt relax. So basically the cervidil did not work for me. Then i was told they could put a folly i believe its called in my cervix simular to the catheder and blow it up like a balloon and some how it would make me 3cm. Well this was out of the question to me i could not imagine a needle there. This was something they could not numb me for and i cried really i prayed so hard that i did not have to get it and at that point i was literally already begging for a c section ( i know that is weird). well before that was done i was checked again and to my surprise i was at 3 cent. on my own and was so happy. 5 hours later on a operating table. I felt like i had tried my best to relax but somehow i think my body was too relaxed and my mind was going crazy. I think that the cervidil may work for you because its your second child but this was my first. Good luck to you.

Last edited by Sweetest_Pink00; 09-15-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

my dr told me that if you arent dilated more then likely the induction wouldnt work. if i would have made it to 39 wks and still not have been dilated he was just going to schedule me a c section rather then have me labor forever and have to get one anyway

Old 09-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Sweetest,
We've been without power so I haven't had the chance to check in. I am so happy for you! Congrats and I hope you are enjoying your little boy. I am still waiting. 3 cm today and 38 weeks. Take care of yourself and congrats again on your new little boy!!!

Closed Thread