It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User
December Moms 2008 Pt 5

Hi December Moms! Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to start a new thread and hopefully hear from you guys and see how things are going with the moms-to-be and the little ones on the way!

I'm hanging in there. Feeling bigger than ever. I've siginficantly cut down on my eating... a large meal just doesn't fit in my tummy anymore. I'm up 45lbs and closing in very quicky on 200lbs. I'll get there by Oct for sure. I had some friends come over on Fri nite and that's when it hit me just how enormous I am... they brought over a tummy plaster kit... I know with triplets I'm on the big side, but seriously a tummy mold at 20-weeks!!! And it was huge! I've been a bit emotional the last couple days. I still feel so cruddy but what's most frustrating is I still really haven't felt ANY movement!!! Just seems weird that tomorrow I'll be 21 weeks and I'm not feeling these babies! About a week or 10 days ago I felt something... not flutters or butterflys... more like twinges. I thought it was movement, but now I doubt it. I mean, you'd think that as much as I continue to grow I could feel certain that all is ok in there, but it's scary when I think I should feel these babies and I'm just not feeling a darn thing!!! Arghh.... sorry for venting. I need to focus on Thursday... it's only a few days out and I'll get to see these babies again. It's amazing how even with these weekly appts, I just can't relax between my ultrasounds!!!

Teach, how are you holding up? Hope you and your little twins got in some good R&R over the weekend!

Crossing, I have you in my thoughts and hope you are hanging in there during this difficult time. Please let us know how you're doing when you can.

Hansen, hoping to hear from you again soon too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User
Re: December Moms 2008 Pt 5

Hi there Kari good to hear from you.As for getting big I see it as a good sign means our little ones are growing,I know what you mean trust me.I am feeling hugh myself.Keep up the good work dont worry about the weight to much I think we all tend to forget we are carrying multiples.I have to keep reminding myself all the time.As for feeling them dont worry about it to much.I do feel some flutters from time to time but nothing to strong its still to early.Isent funny how we say after every u/s we wont worry and then 2 days later we are worrying again.What can you do we wont stop worrying.Take it easy my friend all will be just fine.Have a good one.

Teach hope you and the boys are well.

Crossing you and your family are in my prayers.Take care.

Eva

Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Hi to all the December mommies!

Kari - Hi there! I know it's been a while, but you have been in my thoughts!! I'll be excited to hear your update in a few days. Eva is right - it's so strange how we feel so great after our ultrasounds, and then a few days later, we start worrying again until the next one. I didn't feel movement until week 21 or 22 -- and at first I didn't even recognize it -- so try not to worry too much. As for the weight -- I agree with Eva -- your little ones are working hard on growing nice and strong! Hang in there!!! I'll be checking in later this week to see how your appointment went!

I hope all of you December mommies are doing well!!!

Kel

Old 09-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Kari-Don't be upset about the weight. From everything I have read and heard the more weight with multiples the better!!! You will just have very healthy plump babies! (Which is what we all want!) Also, don't be concerned about not feeling movement. You already said that they were facing your back. I'm sure that's why you aren't feeling them. Also, they are surrounded by one another, so they are probably kicking their siblings!! Thursday will be here before you know it!!

Eva- I'm doing well and so are the boys! Kicking like crazy!!!

Ok, well, I am having a lot of swelling in my feet and ankles today. I had the school nurse check my b/p, but all was well. I guess I just overdid it today! I am currently resting with my feet up which is where I will be the rest of the evening. And every evening from here on out!! I do have a question. When does the third trimester begin? I'm not sure if it is 28 or 29 weeks! I will be 25 weeks on Wed, but since I"m carrying two I think I am considered already in my third trimester, right??

Well, Dec. mommies I hope everyone is doing well!! It won't be long now!
Teach

Old 09-16-2008, 05:08 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bilodeli HB User

Hi Kari - I am glad to see all is well. Try not to worry about the movement, You have triplets in there and I am sure its just a little crowded in there, they are probably all snuggled up close together. Just keep resting. I am sure with every appt you feel one step closer to your csection date. I never heard of one of those belly molds, but that is cool. I would like to do that!Thanks a million for always checking in on us over on the IVF board. HUGS

Old 09-16-2008, 06:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Eva, seriously it IS funny and kinda ridiculous how we say we won't worry after the next u/s and then of course we do! I guess we better get used to it... I'm sure that once our kiddos come it'll continue to be a life full of worrying about a whole new range of possibilities!

Kelley! hi! It really has been a while, but I'm just so happy to hear from you! I'm so glad I continue to mention my nervousness about feeling the babies move. Every time I do, I'm quickly reassured that some mommies to be are well past the 20th week before feeling anything. Guess I'll just try to be patient!

Hey Teach! Sorry about the swelling... that was smart thinking going to the school nurse. I'm glad your blood pressure remains under control. Funny how it almost seems like yesterday we were dealing with OHSS and now it's an entirely different set of symptoms and concerns that we face!

Hi Lisa sweetie! Don't you worry... it won't be too long before you get your own belly wrapped in plaster!!! I will definitely try to worry less about the movement I'm not feeling. Thanks for checking in!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Kari, I'm glad you received some reassurance about not feeling the movement. It is definitely not out of the ordinary to start feeling things later on. A friend of mine didn't feel anything until she was 26 weeks along & her baby boy is VERY active! And don't forget your dr said your babies are towards your back, so that will have an impact too. I am CERTAIN that all is going just fine w/ your little miracles! Thursday will be here soon.

Holly

Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Hey Kari it is funny how we never keep our word........lol.What can you do it comes with the territory MOTHERHOOD.As for the movement I agree with the other ladies I wouldent worry to much.Well take care and looking forward to hearing about your appointment on Thursday lucky you...........

Teach glad your B/P is normal try and take it easy as much as you can.I know its hard when you work but try.Have a good one.

Eva

Old 09-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eva77 HB User

Kari looking forward to hearing all about your appointment today.Good luck.

Teach hope you are well and the swelling in your feet went down.
Have a great day ladies.

Eva

Old 09-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kjmrfld HB User

Hi Kari!

Just checking in to see if there's any news from your appointment today! I know it's a little earlier there, so I will try my hardest to check in later before I leave work!!! Otherwise I'll pop on first thing tomorrow!

Love,
Kel

Old 09-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Well, the swelling is sticking around I have a feeling!!! But, I don't feel bad and my feet actually don't hurt, they are just huge!! My wedding ring is also having a very tight fit and it will only come off first thing in the morning. Other than all of that things are going well. Only 7 more weeks of work and my baby shower is this Sat. so that is exciting. Also, they have finished the outside of the house we are building so hopefully it will be finished in time for the babies!

Kari-I hope your appt. goes well today! I will check on you later!

Teach

Old 09-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

Kelley, Eva, thanks for checking in!!! I just got back a bit ago from my appt. All went well! Cervix remains good at 3.3!!! I'm so glad it has remained unchanged. I know I have a long way to go but I just want to enjoy the good news for now. It's been a solid 10 days that I've been on self-imposed house arrest and I gotta believe that has helped. My Peri actually performed the u/s today... she showed us how the fluids around each baby looked good as did the membranes between the babies. She knew that we didn't want to know gender, but her technique was quite different than the normal u/s tech... I could SWEAR that I got a real good look at Baby B and I thought it was a girl. But who really knows... I mean, if I had to bet on it at this point I'd say baby B is a girl, but of course I could be wrong! I'm just happy that all three babies still look good! We have another normal u/s next week and then the following week we'll be taking measurements again!!!

Teach my friend, I'm so sorry the swelling appears to be here to stay... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it remains painless. Do you have access at all to a pool (hopefully a heated pool)? I think that can really help with swelling. I feel your pain with the wedding ring... I gained weight so quick that mine came off for good by 16 weeks and has been at the bank in a safe deposit box ever since. I'm so sad... I can't even look at it. But I did go to JC Penney and got a fake one that looks awesome! And I still have room to grow! Very cool that you only have 7 more weeks of work... Even tho the physical aspect of pregnancy only gets harder, I bet there will be a couple weeks there where you will actually feel better once you can put those feet up for good! How exciting that your shower is on Sat! I bet that is going to be a blast! Hope you are having a good evening!

Old 09-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

teach79 HB User

Kari-I'm so excited that your appointment went so well. Sounds like you are doing good, mommy! That will be exciting to take measurements next week. They are measuring my little ones on Oct. 2nd and I can't wait to find out how big they are! I'm sure your dr. is very proud of you for putting yourself on house arrest. I'm sure that's why you are doing so well!!! My feet don't hurt and I actually feel great, but they are awfully swollen. I have been using my dad's digital blood pressure cuff and my b/p remains perfect. So, I think as long as my b/p is ok, then the swelling isn't a big deal. I really need to go out and get a fake ring also. That way I don't feel so naked without my ring! Well, take care, mommy and keep up the good work!
Teach

Old 09-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Kari...congratulations on another great appt so glad to catch up on this thread and read that all s going on well for you and the triplets.
It must be amazing seeing 3 babies flip around on the monitor.So have you started getting any baby stuff ready? or discussing names?
Take care of yourself.

Teach....enjoy your shower....it s finally your turn...doesn t it feel great.

Amy

Old 09-19-2008, 05:11 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Kari! I'm so glad to hear your appt went well yesterday! You are doing AWESOME w/ those three little babies!! Another week down & no change in your cervix. You'll be at your next goal in no time. I'm already looking forward to your next appt so we can hear each baby's measurements.

Holly

Closed Thread