It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User
When it rains, it pours.

Well, it's been a heck of a week. I need to vent, and I've got some questions!

The week started off with my car getting hit by some idiot speeding through an intersection. Got plowed into on the drivers side (with me driving) at sixty-five miles an hour +. Everybody was fine, but my car is now shaped like this: V. Needless to say, it's not going anywhere. The day after this happened, we noticed some mail from the state in our mailbox. I'm on medicaid, so I shrugged and opened it up. To find a "quality control" review form of my case. Just a couple problems: I have no car to get half the stuff they're wanting, which requires me running to several different government businesses. Second problem: They gave me a three day deadline. Very lovely. We've spent the past week trying to get them to answer their phone so we can let them know it'll take us a while to get what they're needing and please don't shut off my insurance.

Got a scare on Saturday, big scare. Got two things in the mail. First off, a bill from my OBGYN. Not supposed to get a bill, so I freaked out. Dually so because there was also a postcard in the mail from my insurance provider saying they needed to review my records. And, since it was the weekend, I had the entire weekend to freak out over both of those.

Got to go into the medicaid office this morning, and got the thing with the review settled. Called my insurance to "review my records" only to find they were trying to sign me up for a free gift service, which was apparently just badly BADLY timed in its arrival with the bill -- which was due to my doctor billing the wrong insurance.

Just after I thought all of my reasons to randomly freak out were gone, I remembered that I had a prenatal appointment. Thought it would be fairly routine, but now my doctor thinks I might have GD. And to boot, my blood pressure is fairly high so they're checking for preeclampsia, which was the reason I was induced with my last pregnancy.

I was put on bed rest due to the preeclampsia last time. If they decide that I have it again, what are the chances I'll be put on bed rest again? Will GD make those chances higher?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2008, 05:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: When it rains, it pours.

Geez, you really did have a crap week! I'm glad to hear you & your baby are okay after your car accident. You know, if it was the other driver's fault, his insurance is responsible for providing you with a rental car & it won't cost you a penny. They don't offer this, but if you ask about it, they can't deny you. That might help you get to your appts & everywhere else until you get the money for your new car. As for the high blood pressure, isn't there a chance it was just due to all the stress you've been under? Maybe it will go back to normal when things calm down a bit. Have they asked you to check it at home?

I wish you all the best & hope that things get better for you soon.

Holly

Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

TryN is right -- insist on a rental car. Don't allow them to just send you a check for the damage. Unless they are going to total it... then allow them to send a check. But tell them that unless they are going to do that in the next few days, you need a car and you need it now.

And I would hire a lawyer. You can't possibly have absolutely no injuries from an accident like that -- whiplash, etc. can set in later. Protect yourself and your baby.

Glad you are ok, though.

As an aside, I have a note in my wallet, in front of my drivers license, that says "I am pregnant. EDD 2/28/09. LMP 5/24/2008. Dr. XXXX, Phone #" in case I am in an accident and incapacitated. I highly recommend ALL pregnant women do this, especially in those early months when you're not showing and an EMT may not realize your condition before giving you drugs and whatnot.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User

They're saying it's my fault, though I'm fighting it because there's no way it was, otherwise I would insist on the rental. The road was clear for a half mile, for pete's sake! YrRRG.

The note, however, is an excellent idea.

We'll see on the blood pressure. I don't really feel stressed, just annoyed. ._.

Closed Thread