It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
sick again

Uhg! I just got over the kidney infection, and now I have the flu, or something like it. I'm stuffy, my body hurts, fever, and now my ears hurt. I am trying to keep up with all the healthy immune system stuff, but I just keep getting knocked down. Any ideas on how I can try to stay back up once I am feeling better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: sick again

Ugh, I wish I knew or could give you advice. I am 38 weeks pregnant and I feel like I've been sick non stop during this pregnancy. I've had Shingles, a UTI, three stys (one in my left eye, two in the right) It seems never ending!!!! I hope you feel better soon. Being sick on top of being pregnant is NO fun.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

You need to build up your immune system, it is weak. Try adding some fresh squeezed lemon to a glass of warm water. This is something beneficial you should do all the time anyways. You need to load up on real fruits and vegetables. You have to provide the body the tools it needs to fight and those are vitamins and minerals. You can also add some eucalyptus essential oil to a bath, it is naturally antiviral, antibacterial but doesn't have the chemicals like drugs do. Don't take Tylenol or other drugs, they are made up of chemicals that further suppress your immune system and get in the bodies way of healing.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

hey fruitloop, do you take a multivitamin? do you drink emergen-cs? i drink one emergen-c every morning with breakfast (they have a ton of good flavors so you never get sick of them) and take my multivitamin at lunch time. it really helps to keep my immune system up. i got into this routine months ago and its really easy to stick too. it seems like everyone at work has been sick and (knock on wood) i have been lucky so far. when you are pregnant, your immune system is compromised to begin with so you definitely need something to boost it. the emergen-cs have a lot of vitamin c and so does your multivitamin. i take a prenatal multivitamin, which has everything you need while pregnant. i also carry around a bottle of purell or something like that to keep the germs away and every time i get back to my desk (even if i just washed my hands in the bathroom) i rinse off my hands with that, touching doorknobs and stuff like that can really get you sick during this cold/flu season. good luck! i hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by eloise_girl24; 09-17-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: added a tip :)

Closed Thread