It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User
strept throat and pregnancy

Hi all,

I am newly pregnant, 5w1d. My throat has really been hurting lately and with my experience I fear it is the beginnings of strept throat. I intend to call the dr. in the morning, but I'm just wondering what will happen? I worry this means that if I have strept throat I will be at a higher risk for miscarrying my baby. Does anybody know anything about strept throat during pregnancy? I"m really nervous and everything I find on the internet is, of course, quite scary.

Any information is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User
Re: strept throat and pregnancy

try not to look stuff up on the internet. i know its hard but its gonna make you worry a lot more then you need too. i had the same problem the whole time i was preg. every little symptom i had i would look up and it always said something like the baby was gonna be stillborn or have birth defects or something horrible like that. i dont know about strep throat specificly but it is a bacterial infection and those are easily cleared up with antibiotics. i had a couple bladder infections while i was preg and was given antibiotics both times. different part of the body but still a bacterial infection. there are a ton of antibiotics that are safe during pregnancy. im sure your baby will be just fine, your just gonna feel pretty crappy for a few days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
(female)

Paye HB User

youneek,

I had strep throat when I was pregnant with ds and I was given antibiotics and all was just fine. It wasn't a big deal at all. There are antiboitics safe during pregnancy so I wouldn't get yourself too worried about it. Just make sure you call or see your dr. asap. Hope you feel better soon! I know it's hard when you are pregnant because it's hard to know what is safe and what is not to take and it's so easy to worry.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Sarah,
I can't believe you're pregnant!!! CONGRATULATIONS HON! I didn't know you were planning on trying again so soon. I am 38 weeks 1 day and sooo ready to have this baby! I don't much about the strep but hope you feel better soon. I will make sure to keep up with your posts. I am so excited for you!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hey Delia,

Thank you for the congrats. DH & I were very suprised with the positive test, it is another little miracle baby. I'm a bit nervous about the strept though, I'm sure it will be ok, but i just worry with it being so early in my pregnancy when all the major formations are happening...I have a dr's appointment first thing tomorrow morning (it was the earliest they could get me in with all the power outages and everything lately). So hopefully everything will be ok. I'm feeling pretty yucky today (but I also have some morning sickness already so I don't know how much is strept related.)

Good luck with baby #2! You are so close! I can't wait to read your birth story! I couldn't imagine having another one now. At least my Ella will be almost 2 by the time this little one arrives!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Youneak,
I know what you mean about worrying with the strep early on in your pregnancy. I developed Shingles during this pregnancy. Go figure, of all things to end up having. I was really worried about the Shingles themselves and about the medication that I had to take. And on top of that I had to be really careful with Ella because she hadn't been vaccinated for Chicken Pox yet and could've got them from me! Luckily it all seems to have turned out ok. I am sure it will all be fine and your doctor will reassure you when you go for your appointment tomorrow. They made me feel a lot better during my illness, and I did the same thing as you, looked on the internet and got really worried by what I read. Darn internet!

I know, I can't believe how close we are getting to Madilyn's arrival. I feel like it could literally be any day now. I think I am living in denial at this point....I know it is going to be rough, but all I've been thinking about is having a new little baby and Ella having a little sister!!!

I will make sure to let you know how Madilyn's birth goes. Wish me luck!!! I am hoping it's a little easier than the last time.

Feel better soon.

Last edited by Delia79; 09-17-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Closed Thread