Re: CVS Test....
We decided to forgo it and just go for the amnio instead. Mainly this was due to the fact that in the end, if there was a cause for concern, we'd STILL have to do the amnio anyway.
Also, the miscarriage risks were higher with CVS than with amnio. But you have consider the trade-offs of risks vs. costs/benefits -- you potentially find out the gender earlier, as well as health problems, for which you can terminate earlier if that's your desire. With an amnio you have to wait until at least 16 weeks to have it, then a few more weeks for the results. So you could be potentially at 18 weeks and making decisions. (For us, we just wanted to know so that if the child needs specialized care before or after birth we are prepared for it now.)