It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User
I can't urinate is this normal????

I guess the title says it all... I have to go really bad like I am about to bust or something and when I get there I just sit there and finally get this really small trickle I will finally get relief but I have to sit there for ever. I don't know if this is normal or not? I don't want to call my dr over something stupid being I just seen him yesterday and I was fine it started today. I'm almost 38 weeks and he said she was really low yesterday but I'm not dilated at all but I have thinned.
Has anyone had this problem before?? If so what can I do?
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE
Maybe TTC #3 if it's ment to be ok if not ok not stressing this time. :-)

Old 10-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User
Re: I can't urinate is this normal????

You might want to have your doctor check for a urinary tract infection. I've had a couple this pregnancy, and both times that was my only symptom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

it could be a uti or it could be that the baby is sitting on a nerve making it difficult to go. i would call and get it checked. your dr wont think its stupid if you suspect a uti they dont take that lightly with pregnancy. you will want to get it cleared up before it spreads to the kidneys and you end up in pain. i had 2 while pregnant but i thought i had one more times then that. i was probably tested about 5 times. your dr will just have you go into the lab for a test and then call you with the results. its better to be safe then sorry

Old 10-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I did finally call my dr and they told me to go to the hospital and get a catheter put in. I don't understand him I am scheduled for a c-section in like 16 days and I am starting to have problems like this everyone I have talked to said that he should just go ahead and take her since I am starting to be in such pain that could be prevented. Being that all the other doctors in the office do c-sections at 38 weeks but not him he is making me go all the way or if I go in labor first.
I am so flusterated with him at the moment I'm hurting because I have to go so bad but I don't want to have a catheter for the next 2 weeks either.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 10-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sg1112 HB User

when you go to the hospital really over exaggerate how you are feeling, cry if you have to. be really naggy and demanding then maybe he will get fed up with you and just go ahead and do it just so he doesnt have to deal with you anymore. its worth a shot. drs frustrate me. they care about there schedule more then the patient

Old 10-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Tami,
Could he be waiting as long as possible because of the SUA? Just a thought. My doctor wanted me to go as long as possible due to the baby's size, although I ended up going into labor on my own at 38 weeks 4 days. I know what you are talking about with the peeing though. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was having the same thing happen. I knew it wasn't a UTI because I had already had one of those earlier on in my pregnancy. To me it was almost like the baby was so low that it was making it hard for anything to come out. Does that make sense? However, I do agree with the above posters...you should be checked regardless just to be sure. I am sorry you are so miserable hon. I was feeling pretty yucky towards the end this time too. It's hard to deal with feeling so bad and wanting it to be over and not knowing when that might be! I will be thinking of you and hope you feel better. I can't wait to hear about your baby!!!! Good luck and try to keep your head up!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

Thanks for all the replies. I don't know why he is wanting me to go full term 2 weeks ago she was already 6lbs and he said if I made it full term she was going to be a big baby. So I don't think size or the SUA had anything to do with it. When I went Monday I am measuring bigger than what I should and he said I was really thinned but not dilated at all and that she was so low he said "Wow her head is right there you could go in labor at any moment" So I know not being able to go to the bathroom is due to her being as low as she is but I don't think it is fair of him to make me suffer with a catheter for 2 weeks if something was wrong and she need the extra 2 weeks I would do ANYTHING for her.
Again Thanks for the replies I am so tired I have been up all night most of it sitting in my bathroom trying to pee and then when I get up and go back to be 5mins later I got to go again.

I am really flusterated with my dr he didn't want to check me at all he didn't even want me to come in. He LAUGHED AT ME!!!!!!
I had a UTI early in my pregnacy too so I know it's not that.
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

i am sorry hunny, it must be rough at this stage. i'm sure there is a reason why the doctor wants to wait, but a little nagging might help!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Tami,
If your girl is already measuring that big, I can't imagine him worrying about her size or the SUA either. Seems like your little one got a little more weight than mine did. She weighed only 6 pounds 4 ounces last Friday at her breastfeeding check. She is still so teeny!!! Well, with her being as low as she is I will hope for you that you do go into labor soon. Seems like you are feeling pretty crummy at this point. Take care of yourself and try to get some rest.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tami52100 HB User

I don't really have much hopes of going into labor my cervix want dilate I learned that with DS 23 hrs or hard contractions and I was 3cm when they took me to the OR. He said Monday as thin as I am he don't know why I haven't dilated at all he thought that I should be doing something. I have notice today I have alot of CM when I wipe I haven't noticed it before. I do know I haven't been able to go very much today but I have went some and as hard as it is I have been drinking lots and lots of water. We have been out and about today going to flea markets and all so now my back and my hips are killing me but that is my fault from all the walking but I felt good and it was so pretty outside today I enjoyed being with my guys today (being they wasn't fighting like 2yr olds )
our angel 2/16/05
10/16/08..... AVA GRACE

Closed Thread