It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User
March 2009 Mommies Part 4

Hello Ladies

I am thrilled to say we went for our 20 week u/s this morning and everything looked great. Baby is growing perfectly and we are having another little BOY!!! Despite thinking I wanted a girl I truly could not be happier. We got some 4D photos and he is a real sweetie........... I can not wait to meet him! I do apparently have a low lying placenta but we have been told that there is every chance that it could move so fingers crossed. I will have another scan at 28 weeks so it will be lovely to see my little guy again......... I love him so much!

I hope everyone is well........... would love to hear some updates from the other March mommies.

Ruby

Last edited by rubynz; 10-19-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Namibia HB User
Re: March 2009 Mommies Part 4

Ruby Congratulations on finding out the gender and it being another baby BOY. I am so happy for you that everything is going so well. You have waited so long for this and it is all so exciting. I hope your placenta does move and that there are not complications which I am sure there won't be. Keeping fngers crossed.
How are you feeling?

Hazel how are you doing my friend? I hope you are well.

Char

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2008, 04:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Ruby

CONGRATULATIONS I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
Glad that all s well with you and the little one. How did Dh.DD and DS react to the news?
I am sory about the placenta but i am sure that things will sort themselves out.

Hazel hope all s well with you too.

Amy

Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi March Moms!! I hope everyone is doing well. It's so exciting to hear all the gender news!!

Ruby, congrats on another little boy!!!!! How exciting!! I thought I wanted a girl too, but I couldn't be happier to have my little man on the way. Boys are so much fun! I'm sure the placenta will sort itself out on its own. Try not to worry, though I know that can be tough.

Hazel, hope everything is going well with you! Would love to hear from you.

Holly

Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

Congrats On tha Boy!!! Wow, Looks like a lot of us are having little boys =)

Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hello Everyone

Thanks for your posts, it really is so exciting!

Charlene, I knew you would be happy for me, you are always so sweet! I am feeling pretty good, just a bit of round ligament pain but nothing too bad. I'm not worried about complications from the low placenta as my sister also had a low placenta and apart from a small bleed later on in her pregnancy everything turned out fine. I hope you are well, I will check in on your thread shortly.

Amy, great to hear from you! We took both the kids to the u/s yesterday and DH and DS were absolutely thrilled with the news. I must admit DD seemed a bit subdued at first but yesterday afternoon I heard her excitedly telling the neighbours kids all about her baby brother and this morning she asked if she could take some u/s pics to school with her so I think she is happy about our news now too. She certainly seemed happy when I gave her a pile of her old pink baby clothes that I won't be needing for her dolls lol!!!

Holly, can you believe we are both having boys!!! I don't think either of us would have believed it this time last year and now look at us! We are so lucky and I will be looking forward to comparing notes about our sons on the infant board in the near future.

Ccarrie, thanks for being happy for me! It does seem as though the March thread is being dominated by boys. How are you doing? I hope you and bubs are both doing well.

Take care everyone!

Ruby

Last edited by rubynz; 10-20-2008 at 08:05 PM.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari15 HB User

OMG Ruby how exciting!!! Just saw your big news now, and I must say congrats on the little BOY!!!! woohoo!!! Awesome you got some 4D pictures - you lucky dog! I hear they are something else! And wow, reading that you are 20 weeks along... it's just amazing isn't it? What wonderful news. Hope you and your little boy are having a great nite!

Hazel my friend how are you and your little darling doing? Thinking of you!

Wishing all of the other March mommies well!!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Kari

I am still on cloud 9 today! I must admit the 4D pics are pretty cool but it is a little strange seeing the baby like that. He is a darling little thing though and I am looking forward to seeing how much he has changed and developed when I go for another scan at 28 weeks. Take care my friend!

I have been getting a few aches and pains in my pelvis which I am assuming is round ligament pain. It occured to me today that maybe I am experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions but surely it is far too early? I am seeing my doctor for my 20 week check up tomorrow so I will definitely ask him about it but I would be interested in hearing from anyone else if they have experienced the same kind of thing.

Where are all the other March moms? Hope to hear from you soon.

Ruby

Old 10-21-2008, 04:30 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Ruby, it is so true! This time last year, I would've never believed we would be where we are today...but I'm so happy to have been wrong!! 20 weeks already - you are halfway to meeting your little boy!! I'm not sure if what you're feeling are braxton hicks contractions, but I do know that 20 weeks is not too early to feel them. So if that's what it is, don't be concerned. Some women feel them very early & some women don't feel them at all. Nothing to worry about. Hope you are still on cloud 9 today, my friend!

Holly

Old 10-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #10
(female)

Green Frog HB User

Ruby, I am so happy for you! We have had some real craziness at our house. We had a family staying with us FOR 4 WEEKS, which has about put me in the looney bin. I feel like I haven't had time to do anything but pick up after everyone - sheesh! Anyway, they found a house and have moved out, so we are finally getting back to normal. I have an appointment tomorrow and I am hoping that we will schedule an ultrasound. After hearing everyone's news, I am so excited to find out, it does sound like we've got a lot of boys on the way - how fun! Hope everyone is feeling good. It is so fun to hear everyone's updates.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Holly and Greenfrog

Holly, I am still on cloud 9 today! Thank you for your reassurance about the Braxton Hicks. My dr told me today that it is not too early and that they can be quite uncomfortable but not painful so that sounds exactly like what I have been experiencing. I don't recall having them with my other babies but I guess each pregnancy is bound to be a little different. Aren't we lucky? Two little darlings on the way! Yeeha!!!

Greenfrog, great to hear from you! I have been wondering how you are. It sounds like you have been VERY busy so hopefully now you will be able to relax a little bit more. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow, I look forward to hearing all about it.

My appointment went pretty well today. My blood pressure was a tiny bit on the high side (130/80) but the doctor didn't seem at all concerned about it. He did say that my fundal height is measuring a couple of weeks ahead of schedule but once again he didn't seem worrried. Baby's heartrate was 124 which seems slow to me but apparently is normal. I have anoher checkup in four weeks time, yay!

Hi to all the March moms.

Ruby

Old 10-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User

Ruby, Congrats on the little boy! How exciting to find out! So glad your appointment went well today and you were able to get some reassurance regarding those BH. Sounds like everything is going really well.

Hope all the March mommies are doing well! - April

Old 10-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #13
(female)

leec41604 HB User

You are all so lucky to have ultrasounds already...I'm still waiting for mine very very impatiently! November 6th I go in early in the morning thank goodness. Sounds like we are having lots of boys in march!! Congrats!!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

I had my level II last week, and they think it's a girl!!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #15
(female)

GraceAnne2009 HB User

Hi lovely ladies!

It's been a very long time since I've posted, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to everyone about your darling babies! Wow, a lot of boys!

We're sort of in the same boat as everyone else--we're having a boy AND a girl! My in-laws were sure we would only have boys since boys have run in their family for generations, so I was very pleasantly delighted to prove them wrong . I'm so excited about having both! I can't wait to meet them. I can tell from the pics that our daughter has a rounder little face and the boy has much more of a chin. So fun!

What are all of your little peanuts weighing? Ours are 13 ounces (the boy) and 11 ounces (the girl). I think that's about normal for 20 weeks?? They're starting to track the weight difference between the two to make sure that one doesn't get a lot bigger than the other, so they have me going in for another level 2 u/s next week. They don't seem too worried, but as a pregnant lady I'm always worried!

I hope you are all having a great weekend.
-GraceAnne

Closed Thread