It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
29 weeks & dizzy spells

hi guys...for the past 4 or 5 days i've been experiencing very light but constant dizzy spells. i asked my ob yesterday at my 29 week apt. if it was normal and she said it was probably just from shifting fluids inside of my body. like when i stand up or ive been sitting for a while. it's just from that. i dont know though. she wasnt concerned at all but i just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing them. i've been getting them pretty consistently the past few days. my head just kind of feels a little out of balance when im standing or sitting. my blood pressure was fine, it was 114/70. but i dont know what to think...im guessing it's normal but is anyone else experiencing this dizziness?

Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
(female)

Junebug08 HB User
Re: 29 weeks & dizzy spells

I experienced the same type of thing beginning right around 28 weeks. My doctor had no real explanation for me and basically said it was all just related to being pregnant. My blood pressure was fine and so was my sugar (I was GD) and since my doctor wasn't concerned, I tried not to be either. I was very dizzy for several days straight and then slowly it subsided altho I dealt with occasional dizzy spells throughout the remainder of my pregnancy.
#2 EDD: 9/23/2010

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
(female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

thanks Junebug! that does make me feel better. i just hate how there is so much unexplained stuff that goes on when you're pregnant and your doctor's just say it's from being pregnant! im like but why!?!? thanks so much for your reponse!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I didn't really think of mine as dizzy spells until I saw your post, but I guess that's what it was! I'm almost 30 weeks right now, but a few weeks ago I went through this period for about a week where I was constantly short of breath, even while just sitting, but in the shower I would have to lean on the wall to steady myself. All I wanted to do was sit down. I would have to sit as soon as I dried off... before I could dry my hair or do anything else. It seems to have subsided, though.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
(female)

Nikki1988 HB User

Hey I'm about 6 months prego and I've felt the dizziness too, I never reported it b/c I have anxiety lol and just figured it was something like that, But it hasn't been consistent, I had an episode about a month ago when I was just dizzy for hours like my head couldn't get back in place, then a few nights ago I went to lay down and got up, a dizzy spell hit me again, so I went to bed and the next morning I was still dizzy. I felt dizzy all that day, so I went and took a shower, about 2 or 3 hours after that I felt fine. So maybe some pregnant women get like that. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Closed Thread