It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

mckroot HB User
extreme weakness, fatique & nautiousness at 34 weeks

I am 34 weeks and for the past 2 - 3 weeks have been having consistent periods of extreme weakness, fatigue and nautiousness It's like I feel shaky and I have food aversions to everything even though I'm hungry. A couple days ago I felt like I was about to faint and had to lay down. Could this be at all related to gestational diabetes? My second glucose screening came back negative, but I had one blood draw of the three that was high so the nurse told me to take that as a warning sign and cut back on sugar and juices. I've been trying to do this and have been successful for the most part. But I can't think of anything else that could be making me feel this way. I never had this with my first child. My doc says everything is ok, but am going again in 2 days. Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: extreme weakness, fatique & nautiousness at 34 weeks

Yes I am guessing you have gestational diabetes and would account for all your symptoms. But the nausea symptom can also be a lone symptom. I was seriously nauseated for each of my 5 pregnancies...for the full length of the pregnancy. Never vomited just very nauseated no matter what I did or didn't do 24/7. For you ...just follow what makes you feel the best. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

If your dr isn't worried, try not to be. I'm also 34 w, and I've been having periods of weakness and dizziness for no apparent reason. I rememeber this happening with my first pregnancy as well (I've never had gd either). I've also read that it's normal for extreme fatigue to come back at around this point (like you may've had in the first trimester). And the nausea can also just be a normal pregnancy symptom--I've heard a lot of women say that it comes back for them towards the end of pregnancy (unfortunately!).

So try not to worry, and follow doctor's orders with the sugars and juices. Just take it as easy as you can--there's not too long left now!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Old 12-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

I'm almost 31 weeks and have been getting nauseous this week just from water! If I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep I'm extremely tired during the day. And I can't even make it through a shower, blow drying my hair, and putting on makeup without sitting down in between. LOL.

Check again with your doctor... and tell her that it's got you concerned. Don't just report your symptoms. Then she can address them both as symptoms and your concern about them.

Closed Thread