As I told u earlier...I have been feeling really sick for past 2 days...There was no increase in body temp but was feeling very hot and helpless. So I called my OB and she gave me today's app..!
I am back at home now. We got our baby's NST done and it came back normal. Ob checked me from inside and she said that cervix is still closed..What I am worried abt is, She told us that my baby's head is vertex down but its floating..Its not locked in pelvic area where it shud be at this stage. As I am already having GD ( even if its under control by diet ) And my BP is fluctuating , she said we will not wait till the full term. WE will plan to induce or a C section in feb 1st week. Even my liquor is getting less, its not a gud idea to wait till end.
As per her , She wont consider inducing me even if i have less liquor and Baby's head is floating. She will directly go for a c section.
I will go for the next app at 28 Jan When she will check me again for the baby's head position. My concern is my baby is in head down ( vertex) position from month 7., how is it possible that his head is still floating n not fixed? Is it normal or what causes this situation?
I am not worried abt C section ..I just want my baby to be fine . Thats the most imp thing for us. Baby's wt is somewhere around 5.5 to 6 pounds. So everything else abt the baby looks good.
Anybody in the similar situation now or before? I need advice.
I dont know what went wrong ..First 7 months flu like nothing. I didnt have a single pregnancy symptom..No nausea...no vomitting nothing at all... I am still active except past 2 days . I go for walking. I clean the house ..Still This thing that OB sadi is really bothering me. And I am not that happy because I know now I cannot make it to the full term.
It's pretty common for babies to still be "floating" at 36 weeks, according to everything I've read. The dropping doesn't usually occur until 37 or 38 weeks, which is probably why your OB is waiting another week to check you and the baby's position.
I'd be more concerned with declining levels of amniotic fluid -- that's probably the real cause of your OB's concern, since that fluid is what's keeping baby healthy and happy right now. At this point in your pregnancy, you're at your max amount, and some decline is normal... but she's just watching it make sure it's not declining too quickly.
It's good that you have a positive attitude about c-section vs. vaginal delivery. Whatever's best, right? I had a prior c-section and have a second scheduled for 2/23.
I agree with Xine. I've always read that the baby's head won't begin to engage until a couple of weeks before the baby is ready to be born (in first pregnancies--I believe after that, they may not begin to engage until labor begins, but this is your first anyway, right?). So it's great that the baby is in position (vertex), I wouldn't worry too much about it still floating. A week is a long time in the life of a fetus, and a lot can happen before your appointment on the 28th. Good luck!
Married my best friend - July 06'
Mommy to Liam Carter - May 07'
Lost our little angel - m/c January 08'
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'
Thank you for replying the post. You guys are right i think . As I Am seeing my belly growing evryday this week. Lets seee..I have OB's app day after tom.. !
Even if I will be induced, there are only 10 days remaining maximum...I am so excited guys.....We ( me n mom) have cleaned our lil angels room.. DOne with the BAG too.. So all set for the baby's arrival....yey !!
I am now nearly 36 weeks and my baby s head is still floating too. I would say that this is quite normal.
With my first preg my waters broke at 34/35 weeks and DS s head was still floating it actually moved down to place just before i gave birth. ( my labour lasted close to 45 hrs).
Is this your first child? I was also told that the 2nd baby takes longer to engage....i do not know if this is accurate though.
If you are up to it........one think that helps is walking.....saying that i am just not up to it.
Also my amniotic fluid levels are also decling.......my high risk obs told me that this is completely normally and also a goos sign with mothers who have GD...he would have been more concerned if there was excessive fluid.