It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

missmeliss HB Usermissmeliss HB User
Danika Jade is here!

Danika Jade was born on January 10th, 2009 at 8:36 pm! That day we had gone out for pizza for lunch, then my mom and I went to the grocery store. About and hour after getting home from the store, Jeff, my mom and I were all sitting in the dining room talking when I felt a really strange popping feeling that kind of hurt. Everybody looked at me because I gasped when it happened....I said "that was a weird sensation"....about 10 seconds later the flood gates opened and I realized that my water had broken! That was at about 6 pm. So I went upstairs and changed clothes and got my bag for the hospital. About 15 minutes after my water broke, my contractions started and they got pretty intense really fast. Mia was timing them for me and they went from 5 minutes apart to 2-3 minutes apart pretty quickly. We left for the hospital at about 7:15 because the pain was getting unbearable, but I had no idea that my labor was moving along so quickly. My mom and Jeff actually had to convince me to leave for the hospital because I didn't want to get there too early. So we arrived at the hospital at about 7:30 and I got to L&D at about 7:45. By that time my contractions were one on top of the other - it didn't even feel like I got a break in between. The nurse checked me and said I was at 5 cm. About 15 minutes later I all of a sudden felt tremendous pressure and a really strong urge to push. I said "Something is wrong! Something is happening!" but the nurse just told me to try to relax. I kept insisting that something was wrong and she asked what I felt and I said "I feel like I need to push!" - she checked me and sure enough, I was 10 cm. The doctor didn't even have time to get there, so the nurse ended up delivering me. Danika was born and she was a beautiful, healthy 6lbs, 7oz and 19 1/2 in long. The pain was the worst thing I have ever felt in my entire life, but it was worth every second....I love her more than life itself!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
(female)

Hansen36 HB User
Re: Danika Jade is here!

Congratulations! That sounds like quite the birth story but I am so happy to hear that everything went so well, and so quickly for you. I am def jealous! I wish you family the best of luck and enjoy your sweet little girl Danika, time flies!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Congratulations!!! I've always heard that once your water breaks, labor really speeds up, but that is crazy fast! Great job! And congrats again on your little angel (great name by the way!)!!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Old 01-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

Congratulations! At least you didn't suffer through a long, agonizing labor! LOL And even though she was delivered by the nurse, I'm sure you were under great care. We all know that the nurses do the yeoman's share of the work anyway, when it comes to delivering babies.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
(female)

Murray67980 HB User

Congrats!!!!
I'm so happy for you! I hope that when my time comes it goes by as quickly (Lucky!)

Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
(female)

Solange3000 HB User

Congratulations, wow your labor sounded like it happened so fast, one thing after the other, but I'm glad that mom and Danika are doing so well. All the best to you and your daughter.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Congratulations and welcome to your bundle of joy.
BTW when my waters broke with DS i gave birth 40 hrs later so i think you are soooooo lucky.

Amy

Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
(female)

mandy2613 HB User

congratz! I am glad to hear that all is well with you and danika! enjoy her! i know i enjoy hayden! they are only 4 days apart! tell her hi for me! talk to ya soon,mandy

Closed Thread