It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
infertility procedure...questions about pregnancy and dates???

Okay, forgive me but I'm going a little nuts here!!
So, with my last pregnancy, I did a fresh IVF cycle and had my first positive blood test 14 days past Retrieval/Ovulation. And, I calculated my own due date by backtracking 2 weeks to a supposed LMP because I didn't bleed then but anyone who's reading this who has been through IVF knows it's not a perfect 28 day cycle! Anyway, the dates matched up with my measurements and sonos mostly through my whole pregnancy. And, I did go in at 5 weeks for a sono and at 6, saw a heartbeat.
This time, I did a frozen cycle (at a different clinic) and just found out I'm pregnant Sunday with a hpt and Monday with blood. So, I'm thinking I can date back to my actual LMP which was Dec. 26th. My transfer was exactly 18 days later. The embryos were frozen on day 3 last summer and then thawed the day before my transfer so they were technically day 4's or in other words, 14 days into my cycle, I would have supposedly ovulated/conceived, had it been normal, right?
The reason I'm asking because if I date back to my LMP, I am 5 weeks tomorrow but for some reason my RE doesn't want me to go in for a sono until 2 weeks from this past Monday which is the 9th and I'll be 6w3d.
So, my question is...how did you figure out dates with your doctor if you went through infertilty treatments? And, when did you get a sono? Also, when did you see a hearbeat?
I'm wondering if I can beg to move up my sono (because I think I have more than one in there!!) but maybe I should wait it out to have full confirmation with a heartbeat? What do you all think? I was thinking of going in the earliest Friday for a sono (6 weeks by LMP) which is only 3 days earlier!

Last edited by km7503; 01-29-2009 at 01:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

douglasap8 HB User
Re: infertility procedure...questions about pregnancy and dates???

Hi KM,

I think your dates sound about right. But just wanted to let you know that some doctors don't want you to have an ultrasound until they would be able to verify a heartbeat...that may be why they're having you wait a little longer. I didn't have mine until I was in my 7th week (talk about a long wait!!!).

As for your numbers and the number of little babies you've got growing in there, it's such a crap shoot. I had a beta at 14 dp retrieval and it was 224, then at 16 dp retrieval it was 574. I have one strong little boy! You just never know!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming appointments! - April

Closed Thread