It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User
Baby Dropping?!?!

Im 36 weeks today, i went to the doctor & he said the baby hasnt dropped yet..Im measuring 37 weeks! Is this normal..? Im so uncomfortable..I feel lik I cant breath most days..Anyone know when they usually drop..? This is My 3rd baby but my youngest is 10 so I dont remember Much...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: Baby Dropping?!?!

Try not to worry, it's normal. After your first baby, they usually don't drop into the pelvis until labor starts. This was the case for me as well--I just had my second little boy, and he didn't drop down until my water broke.

I totally sympathize with you being uncomfortable! The good news is that if your baby does drop before labor starts, your breathing will almost certainly get much easier.

The end is near for you, hang in there!!

Whiskers
Our newest bundle, Brody Anderson! - February 09'

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

Thanks Whiskers For taking time to reply & Congrats on The Baby =)

Old 02-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

With my first I had her at 38 weeks and she hadn't dropped yet. With this one I dropped at about 37 weeks (and I've always measured a week or two ahead). I'm 38w6d today.

Most amazingly, a few days ago I had to go to the hospital for an NST because he wasn't moving very much. While I was there he moved from heads down facing left (after being dropped down) to TRANSVERSE! And then back to heads down, but facing right. I can't figure out how he managed that, especially since he's so big they can't even estimate a weight for him because the entire femur doesn't fit on the screen anymore. Talk about acrobatics!

But it was nice when he dropped since I could breathe easier... but the walking and standing got a little more difficult.

Closed Thread