It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
(male)

JaredCA HB User
Did I accidentally hurt my friends possible baby? =[[

Please Read. It may look like alot but I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hi everyone--

Recently, my best friend of all my life has become extremely sexually active, and she is only 15 years old! And on the past January 27th she had missed her period, and was very sexually active! During this time she experienced lots of flu like symptons, was not eating well, and was on prescription medication..all of which were reasons she claimed for missing her period. I didnt think so. I became very concerned for her and began saving up money for a test and researched like crazy online! What a crazy concerned friend I was, huh? Around the 15th of February, still being late, my anxiety for her took a turn for the worse....
She was hanging out at my house and we began to joke around, pretending to wrestle each other, when unknowingly I squeezed her stomach slightly hard enough for her to say "ouch" but not super hard, and it only lasted about 3 or 4 seconds.Jokingly, she said"i bet you killed the baby". Right then, I freaked out! I felt like I was gonna lose my mind and for days couldnt sleep because I thought I killed this possible baby.
Now, being a guy and all I dont know much about pregnancy and whatnot so I did research on miscarriages. For the next week and a half she showed no symptons of a miscarriage like bleeding, back ache, or cramps(she did have some, due to her flu).I began to question whether or not I did hurt the "baby".Then the 27th of February rolled around, one month TO THE DAY that she was supposed to get her period last(Jan.27) and she gets her period!(or is it?) After this, many people have told me to relax, I did nothing wrong that shes just young and had an irregular period,or that i didnt use enough force to hurt a baby that wouldve been inside her, or that maybe her illness or medication threw off her period.So my question to you is does this seem like an irregular period story to you guys or a miscarriage?Im still freaking out! And I also read that it takes 4 to 6 weeks for periodto return after a miscarriage, so it wouldve been to early (1 1/2 weeks) for her to get her period even if i did give her a miscarriage? Do all signs point to me being ok? PLEASE HELP!

Thank you so much in advance!
-Jared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
(female)

krazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB User
Re: Did I accidentally hurt my friends possible baby? =[[

Jared you done nothing wrong and though I cant say for sure, I doubt she was even pregnant. Your friends are right, it takes much more force to hurt a fetus/baby as they're pretty well padded.

Its not totally uncommon to miss a period for no good reason, especially for those who are new to menstruating (a yr or less I think).

Old 03-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Jared,

Was it ever actually determined that she was pregnant? Young women of 15 years have not usually settled into a consistant period. It would not be unusual for her skip a period, but due to the fact that she is very active sexually, i can see how you would be concerned.

I hardly doubt you could "kill the possible baby" with some friendly wrestling. In the earliest weeks of pregnancy the tiny embryo is lodged in the uterus, in a safe cozy environment. Most women haven't even discovered they are pregnant yet.

It sounds like your friend is dealing with some big issues, acting out sexually, and this pregnancy "scare". It sounds like something deeper is going on. Whatever you do, don't blame yourself-you've been nothing less than a caring, thouughful friend. I wish you the best!

Last edited by writeleft; 03-01-2009 at 11:30 PM.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Impossible to hurt an unborn baby through "outside" trauma, unless you slammed her in the belly with a hammer or something, hard enough to leave severe bruising. If she was pregnant and did miscarry, it had nothing to do with you.

I agree, this girl needs help. Are her parents aware of what's going on? Are her parents involved in her life?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

While it's not "impossible" to damage a fetus through external injury, it is extremely unlikely.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
(female)

krazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
I agree, this girl needs help. Are her parents aware of what's going on? Are her parents involved in her life?
I kinda wondered the same thing..

I also wonder if her talking about being pregnant isnt her 'immature' way of saying "I'm sexually active" (some kids do this)

Or- saying shes pregnant to 'pretend' shes active (cuz some kids do this too)

A real tough age.. lots of peer pressure.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

This whole situation is a young girls cry for help. Some young women have the idea that a baby will give them something to love, and will love them back. That is the farthest thing from the truth.

I agree that she may want someone to talk about her sexual issues by bringing her pregnancy scare up, hoping someone will do something.

Closed Thread