It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User
If you had Preeclampsia during pregnancy, what were your early symptoms?

Hi, what were the first symptoms you noticed when you had preeclampsia?

Just asking cause my bp has going up 135/82 little by little over the last week. my norm is never higher than 117/79. I've been getting head aches the last couple of weeks, one was HORRIBLE and tylenol did nothing for it. As for swelling, it's been mild except for once my lips, chin and area around my cheeks looked bee stung swollen. Eyes have been mildly puffy. My sister had preeclampsia as well as my cousin. I'm only 15 weeks pg as of today so this seems wayyyy to early for it to me?

Last edited by t_411; 03-04-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User
Re: If you had Preeclampsia during pregnancy, what were your early symptoms?

ok, maybe I'm just freaking out a little since preeclampsia runs in my family (not to mention my hormones lately) but my blood pressure has been normal for a couple days so maybe it's nothing.

I'd still like to know any of your early symptoms with Pre-eclampsia just in case.
Thanks!

Last edited by t_411; 03-07-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
Re: If you had Preeclampsia during pregnancy, what were your early symptoms?

I'm sorry no one has replied to you. I did not have preeclampsia but came close. At 20 weeks (when I had my sonogram done) I was still wearing heels to work everyday. I felt great. It was very shortly after that that my fingers started swelling. My doctor told me to go ahead and remove all rings from my fingers. At the end of my 6th month I was very swollen. I remember my left hand going to sleep and not knowing why, until I realized that my watch had gotten too tight and I had to stop wearing that also. None of my shoes fit and I wore clogs everywhere. I had been feeling okay, and since it was my first pregnancy I didn't really know what was normal and what was not. I had not been dizzy or have headaches. At my 35th week checkup my blood pressure was sky high. They immediately told me to lay down on my left side and wait for the doctor. He came in a few minutes later and they took my blood pressure while I was lying down and it was back to normal. He told me I had to go on bed rest until the baby was born because if I didn't my blood pressure was going to go up and I'd develop preeclampsia. So I stayed on "bed rest" until my DD was born. I put it in quotes because I still cooked dinner and washed clothes and did other errands around the house. But I could tell a difference in my feet if I sat for a long time with my feet propped v. loading and unloading the dishwasher. Don't get me wrong, I definitely didn't take any chances with my health or my baby's. I sat or layed around more than I was up and doing chores in a day. I also did not drive anywhere. My DH would take me out occassionally because of the cabin fever. Hope this helped. Maybe someone else will have better answers for you. Good luck. And congrats on your LO.

Closed Thread