It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User
April 2009 Mommies - Part 5

Well, it's 3am and I am exhausted. I can't sleep because my baby is SO active. She has been kicking, rolling, stretching, and hiccuping since about 8pm yesterday.

For the past several weeks she has had regular sleep/awake patterns, but this is just insane! I thought fetal activity was supposed to slow down at 36 weeks???
Expecting baby #1 EDD April 20, 2009!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
(female)

andreanchris HB User
Re: April 2009 Mommies - Part 5

oh how I know the feeling. I am up every morning at 3 for about an hour or 2 then have to get up at 730 for the day! I just got back from my 35 week check. I have gained almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks!!! EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK! Most of which is water retention... They did the GBS swab and checked for dilation due to the pains I have been having. They also want me to go to physical theropy... which is going to be difficult as DH just told me he is working during the day, has a few hours off then going to do another job at night for the next 3 weeks. So I have no one to watch DD. Oh well I will deal with the pain for 4 more weeks... it's not a big deal I suppose. I did have a lot of sugar in my urine, so I will now be stricter with my diet.I have never heard of getting a glucose intolerance this late in pregnancy but I guess anything is possible. Based on fundal height and my OB's calculations with feeling where baby is, she is expecting a big baby! She said not to worry, it's not a big deal, having a c-section...blah blah blah. oh yea I am measuring 37 weeks... boy do I wish I was actually 37 weeks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

bajo HB User

Hello April Moms. Sorry I have been missing for awhile but I also have BIG news.

My baby (Caleb) was born on Sunday March 15 at 4:41 am. We have our baby boy weighing in at 6lbs 2oz.'s. I was a day shy of 37th wk.

Like Solange I will not be an April Mom either.

We are both doing very well. The baby is perfect, beautiful & totally healthy. Because he was early they did keep him in NICU for 4 days (just in case) but he had no problems. He was a good weight when he was born so.......

Well, better go. lots to do w/ baby home but I will check in soon.

Solange I am happy to hear your baby is also doing well!!!!!!

To the rest of the april moms. Hang in there it is all worth it when the baby comes. I fell in love right away & he was worth every discomfort!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

Bajo! Congrats on your baby boy! I had a feeling you were going to deliver early and I'm so happy that your little one is doing well . I would love to hear all about baby Caleb's birth, so when you get a chance, let us know how it "all went down" hehe.

Andrea, hang in there girl! I'm sorry that you're so uncomfortable and I hope and pray that the next few weeks FLY by for you (for BOTH of us, actually!). I have also been gaining weight like crazy and I have a feeling that I'm going to have a big baby, too. I have gained 40+ pounds.

I go to the dr. on Monday for the GBS test and I'm hoping that my doc. checks my cervix for dilation. I have been having lots and lots of BH contractions and I can feel pressure in my pelvis.... sooo... we shall see.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
(female)

mellie65 HB User

Bajo...Congratulations!! Two babies already....ladies we better get ready because our babies are on the way!!!

I understand how you are feeling about sleeping. I usually fall asleep around 11, up at 1, 3, and 5 then up for the day at 6...Maybe it's just our bodies trying to get us used to waking up all night once the babies get here!! I don't think I'm ready for the baby to come yet. I'm one of the few that enjoy being pregnant (other than the sleep) and I'm nervous about raising a baby.

I hope you all get some great rest tonight...

Old 03-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

Hello Mommies!

Just thought I would share my 36 week appt. info. I was pleased to find out that I had only gained 2lbs. since my last appt. 2 weeks ago. Blood pressure was good. They drew blood to check my iron level, checked my urine, and did the GBS swab which was really uncomfortable! The dr. also checked my cervix, and to my surprise (and my DH's who was in the room with me), I am 2cm dilated and at a -2 station. So, technically, I'm in the early stages of labor and I definitely feel more miserable now than I ever have. I'm not in pain, I just feel really tired, achy, and lethargic. It feels like I'm about to start my period; One of those KILLER periods that literally drains the life right out of you!

I go back to the dr. in a week and I really hope that I don't have Ella before then, but I have a feeling labor/delivery is coming sooner rather than later. On the other hand, I guess you can't predict anything at this point. I could stay at 2cm for a few more weeks!

How's everyone doing?

Last edited by DueNApril09; 03-23-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
(female)

andreanchris HB User

I had my 36 week appt today and to my surprise I lost 4lbs!! It was a pretty uneventful visit. HB looks good.. baby is still head up..no big deal as I am having a section. Dr. said they would do another u/s the day of delivery so they know what they are grabbing and how to make the uterine incision. My baby sprinkle is on Sunday, that should be pretty fun. Thankfully the weather is kind of cooperating so I am hoping I am able to get shoes on besides flip flops! Over the past week the extreme pain I had been experiencing for 20 some odd weeks has subsided a lot!!!! The only pain I have is getting in and out of bed or if I have walked too much. I am off all meds other than prenatals and fiber. Acid reflux is again in high gear! UGH! That's about it. HOpe everyone else is doing well...only a few more weeks!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
(female)

Solange3000 HB User

Bajo honey, congratulations on the arrival of little Caleb. I'm so glad that he is home and that he's doing well. Wow I couldn't believe he also came early like Miguel. I wish you all the best of health and happiness to you and Caleb. I know you are busy but when you have a chance let us know how your birth experience was.

I hope all April moms are doing well, I know the time is near and I'm so anxious to read all of your birth stories.

Just a little update on Miguel, he is still in the NICU, but he's doing very well, he is 5lbs 7oz and he might come home in about 2 weeks, I can't wait.

Take care.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #9
(female)

mellie65 HB User

Hello all!!

Solange glad to hear your little one is doing great and will be home soon. I'm glad you are keeping us posted!!

I have one week left from today!! I cannot believe it....time has gone so fast. I went to the dr yesterday and I am 2 cent. dilated and 80% effaced. He stimulated my membranes and told me to walk, walk, walk. I keep having contractions, but they don't really hurt yet so it's not the real thing. In one way I am ready for the baby to come, but on the other hand I am really going to miss being pregnant....

I hope you are all doing great! This is our month ladies!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
(female)

andreanchris HB User

I had my 37 week appt. today. It was pretty uneventful. I am still "high and tight" which I suppose is good seeing as how I don't want to go into labor before my section date. Although I must admitt that I was disappointed as I am so ready to not be pregnant. Last night I had a contraction that brought me to my knees crying in pain! Dr. put me on antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine as I am getting a sinus infection and have a horrible cough. I am glad that I have 2 weeks to get it taken care of before I have major surgery. Coughing stinks when ya have your gut cut open! Other than that, still have some mild contractions, measuring 39 weeks, and miserable! The end is near!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

I went for my 37 week appt. on Monday. Mellie, sounds like we're on the same track! I'm also 2cm dilated, 80% effaced, and still at a -2 station. I've been having lots of BH contractions and I'm starting to get periodic sharp pains in my girly regions (not fun). The dr. said I would probably go into labor within the week.

I scheduled an induction on Wed, April 8th, in case she decides to be stubborn! I will go into the hospital at 9pm on Wed. and more than likely have her on the 9th

I really hope I don't make it to my induction day because I have heard mixed reviews on inductions...

I'm exhausted right now and can barely keep my eyes open! Hope everyone is hanging in there! Our babies are almost here!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DueNApril09; 04-02-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
(female)

andreanchris HB User

due- why are they talking inducing you? I say let your body do the work and not pitocin! Sounds like you are on your way to going into labor on your own. Try all natural ways to induce before pitocin. That's just my opinion. I just don't understand why they would induce,unless medically neccisary. Although I am jealous as they will not bump up my section date. This lil one enjoys torturing me!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

Well, there isn't a medical reason why I NEED to be induced... The nurse just gave me the option because after 38wks and 2 days, my dr. will induce.

The closer I get to Wed, the more hesitant I'm becoming; I really didn't think I was going to make it this far! I can always back out of the induction, but my husband has already taken off 3wks (starting Tues of next week) and he REALLY wants me to get induced. I just don't know what to do

Old 04-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #14
(female)

andreanchris HB User

Due- seeing as how you are already 2 cm. You can request to have your membranes stripped in hopes that will aid with your water breaking. I did that with DD and my water broke in my sleep. This was after I had a failed induction at 39 weeks. she came 3 days before her due date via c-section. All I am saying is do some research on natural ways to induce labor.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #15
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

I've been researching the web (SHOCKER lol) and I'm going to try some natural methods of induction. DH and I haven't had sex in months, but we're going to give that a try and hope that it jump starts labor . I've been keeping busy and walking alot. I may try castor oil and o.j. (a little scared of that one... don't want to be on the toilet for hours!)

When I go to my appt on Wed. morning, I'm going to ask my dr. to strip my membranes. I'm pretty sure I don't want to go through with the induction on Wed night. I've just heard too many bad things about Pitosin.

How are you feeling Andrea? Any more contractions? Hope you're feeling better and getting over that nasty sinus infection!! Hang in there - not too much longer

How are you doing, Mellie? I guess we're the only 3 left??? Am I forgetting someone?

Closed Thread