It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
(female)

luvsfroggys HB User
Question Help First time pregnant, want an ultrasound right away!!

Hi,
Me and my husband just found out that I am pregnant. I have been trying to schedule with an OBGYN and they don't normally get you in right away. However me and my husband would like to know now how far a long I am. We are not sure that my period in February was a real period. I have heard that you can go to the emergency room and they will do an ultrasound, but my copay is $150.
Any idea's?
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
(female)

tcp307 HB User
Re: Help First time pregnant, want an ultrasound right away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfroggys View Post
Hi,
Me and my husband just found out that I am pregnant. I have been trying to schedule with an OBGYN and they don't normally get you in right away. However me and my husband would like to know now how far a long I am. We are not sure that my period in February was a real period. I have heard that you can go to the emergency room and they will do an ultrasound, but my copay is $150.
Any idea's?
Thanks
Are you fearful there is something wrong? If so, I'd probably go to the ER. But if you can wait until your first appt, you can request an ultrasound. I did because I was paranoid something was wrong with my baby. Everything turned out fine, but that fear was enough to nudge the OBGYN to order the ultrasound on that first appt. Good luck, and congrats

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

Marie84 HB User

Best bet is to just wait...I waited until I was 12 weeks before even going to the doctor for the first time...(mainly because I had had a miscarriage and wanted a natural one if that happened again) anyways, it made the time go by much faster. I just tried to forget about it (while taking care of myself)...and time sped by!
New baby: Due 08 08 09!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
(female)

luvsfroggys HB User

Yeah we are a little worried. This wasn't planned, but we always figured if it happens it happens. We have been together for 10 yrs married 2 yrs. Its just we went on vacation in late February for my birthday and there was especially a lot of drinking!!! Even when I came back, I don't over drink. However there has been more than one night. Me and my husband are hockey fans and we like to drink when the games are on. I didn't have any of the usual symptoms and I am just afraid that I am stressing so much that I might make things worse... I think that we would like to have it for piece of mind!!
Thank You

Old 03-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi there- are you able to call your doc and explain the situation? S/he may be able to order an u/s and you could just go in and pick up the perscription for it and have it done (unless your doc does the u/s...the lab for my u/s is down the hall from my doc, not in the actual office). Either way I would call the doc and see if there's anything they could do...or maybe get you in earlier?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
(female)

luvsfroggys HB User

Thank You SO much!! I will do that now!!!!

Closed Thread