It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

LittlePenguin08 HB User
Thumbs down Swollen gums

I thought I should post this here just in case if some of you are having the same problems and couldn't figure out what is wrong.

Since a week ago, I noticed that my gums are REALLY weird when I wake up in the morning. What I mean is, the bottom of my gum (not in between my teeth) is swollen, the back of my mouth is swollen, I have white mucusy strings coming out of my mouth, the flesh underneathe my tongue is swollen, the tip of my tongue is on fire, and actually the tip of one gum in between two teeth has started to bleed and is staying red all the time. I mean, it is very unusal for me to have bleeding gum.

At first I thought it was pregnancy related because I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant (and the little one is kicking me all the time since a few days ago, YAY!) Anyways, I decided to do a google search on the toothpaste and mouthwash I was using, and turns out my gum problem was caused by the Crest Pro Health toothpaste and Crest Pro Health mouthwash that I was using! I found out that a lot of people have problems with Crest Pro Health...NBC even had a news segment on their mouthwash (but on a different problem - staining).

When I called up Crest they said they are aware of all the problems that I have but is reversible and it's just my gums in the process of getting better?? Um... I really am not getting better with bleeding gum...

I only bought this product because the mouthwash is "alcohol free" and I thought that would be better for the baby inside me... but I will never buy Crest Pro Health again. I would just like to warn other pregnant ladies out there to stay away from this product.

Last edited by LittlePenguin08; 04-22-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
(female)

Jmej87 HB User
Re: Swollen gums

I'm not pregnant but came across this because i'm basically having all the same symptoms after using crest pro health. I'm happy you posted this cause it help me realize it was my toothpaste. My biggest problem is the swelling. My doc said my tooth may be the issue, my dentist said maybe an allergy.. I have an apointment with my allergist on Monday. I'm just wondering how quick you're mouth went back to normal? I'm sure you just stopped using the product right?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

LittlePenguin08 HB User

I have been using the product for about a week until I finally realized it was the toothpaste and mouthwash. I stopped using it immediately. Oh gosh, it got worse the next day (they hurt and turned even more blood red, and the top layer of my gum came off with the white film of mucus). OUCH! Anyway, it took about 3-4 days until my gums were finally back to normal (no swelling, no redness, no white mucus) except for one small area, and my tongue finally no longer hurt.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
(female)

Jmej87 HB User

Hey I just have to say thank you!! within the next day I noticed an improvement!! God my mouth was driving me crazzy! Feels soo much better now tho!

Closed Thread