It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

havefaith91 HB User
Soon-to-be-Auntie needs help!

Hi all.

I just found out yesterday that my baby sister (ok, she's 28, not a baby) is pregnant!! I have been creating recipes for my family for years but now I need to be completely aware of all health risks and time factors involved in her life. I am desperate for ideas! She is 5 weeks along and lives 500 miles+ away. She is a teacher and is active in her community. Her husband travels a couple days a week for work. She needs quick and healthy meals and meal ideas and leftovers that she can take to school for her lunches. Having not been able to have children of my own, I am amazingly excited to become an "Auntie" but I know nothing about the diet of a pregnant woman. If any of you have any suggestions or websites for me to check out would you please, please, please pass them along?! (Oh, yeah, she can't stand the smell of brocolli right now!)

Thanks!!
Jenn

Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
(female)

Marie84 HB User
Re: Soon-to-be-Auntie needs help!

Its kind of hard because during pregnancy everyone has different tastes. Once the second trimester hits then she will be able to get more of the important nutrients but in the first trimester (in my opinion) it goes almost completely off of what you feel like eating. For example, I LOVED eggs (and still do almost in my 3rd trimester) but someone may want to puke at the sight of an egg. I tried to eat as healthy as possible during the beginning but some things (like wheat pasta) make me feel sick.
But as far as later in preg. eating healthy (no fake stuff, no MSG, no High Frutose Corn Syrup, etc) is all that is ness. I try to avoid anything with preservatives and stuff like that..all natural. I dont worry so much about the fat content (as long as its real fat), but I do try to eat fresh stuff, and as simple of stuff as possible. No boxed foods or canned foods and things like that....
New baby: Due 08 08 09!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread