It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

qmyrick HB User
when is the best time to have a c section

when is the best time to have a c section

Old 05-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
Re: when is the best time to have a c section

Can you clarify?
The only "best" time to have a c-section is when your doctor has determined your baby or mom is in danger if not delivered quickly....otherwise, there's never a "Best time."
C-sections are very hard to recover from, and id rather recover from a vaginal any day of the week over a c-section.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I agree with the above poster. The only best time to have a c-section is when it is absolutely necessary. I've had a c-section and I've had 2 vaginal deliveries....and I'd take the vaginal delivery over the c-section anyday!
DS - Landon Russell...2/21/09
DD - Avery Marie...10/29/11...adopted by family.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
(female)

sbear1102 HB User

I am 4 months pregnant with my third son, the previous two were delivered via c-section at my doctors advice. I would like to have one more child after this one, but having had three c-sections, I don't know. I've never had the vaginal birth experience, but would try this option unless medically advised otherwise. I was in quite a bit of pain for the two weeks following my surgeries.

Blessed Mother of two beautiful babies:

DS- John (Jack) Samuel: born 10/20/06
DS- Christopher (CJ) James: born 10/20/07

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbear1102 View Post
I am 4 months pregnant with my third son, the previous two were delivered via c-section at my doctors advice. I would like to have one more child after this one, but having had three c-sections, I don't know. I've never had the vaginal birth experience, but would try this option unless medically advised otherwise. I was in quite a bit of pain for the two weeks following my surgeries.

Blessed Mother of two beautiful babies:

DS- John (Jack) Samuel: born 10/20/06
DS- Christopher (CJ) James: born 10/20/07
Sbear....I love that your babies were born on the same day a year apart. When is your next little one due??? October 20th is a great day.....that is my bday too!

Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
(female)

HRWade HB User

A vaginal delivery is great if there are no complications, but sometimes they can be worse for Mom and baby than c-section deliveries. Not everyone chooses to have a c-section out of convenience, so please don't imply that Moms that are planning to have a c-section are doing something wrong just because that isn't what you would do.

In reply to qmyrick's question, it is best to wait until at least the 39th week if able. Even a few days before the 39 week mark could increase the risk for complications. Good luck to you!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRWade View Post
A vaginal delivery is great if there are no complications, but sometimes they can be worse for Mom and baby than c-section deliveries. Not everyone chooses to have a c-section out of convenience, so please don't imply that Moms that are planning to have a c-section are doing something wrong just because that isn't what you would do.
I don't think I was implying that and I don't think anyone else on this thread was meaning to imply that if that is how you took it. Yes, you are right....if there are no complications, a vaginal delivery is great. BUT...if it is medically necessary, then by all means a c-section should be done! I just think that all efforts to have a vaginal delivery should be exhausted if allowed before you just throw in the towel. I've experienced both, and a c-section is a major surgery to go through when sometimes it isn't necessary to do so. Does that mean that I am saying that someone is wrong for opting for a c-section? Not at all.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #8
(female)

sbear1102 HB User

I can't speak for anyone else but myself. I'm expecting in October with my third son. I'm greatful to have two beautiful boys, and another one on the way. But, I'm worried that after this baby is born, I may not be able to have another, which I'd very much like. Actually, I'm wondering if there is a best time to have a VBAC because I would like to try for that this time around. My doctors are already talking about delivering this baby 2 weeks earlier than the estimated due date, which I am against. There is nothing, in my opinion and based on my previous 2 experiences natural about c-sections. I'm reading disturbing information about them, i.e., ok as an option if you only plan on having one or two kids, but with each one, the risk increases that complications- some of them serious for both mother and baby can occur (excessive scar tissue formation, adhesions to major organs- bowel, bladder....). I'm going to start a separate thread on C-sections. Good luck whatever you decide to do. You are your best advocate!

Rachel

blessed mother of 2 beautiful babies:]

10/20/06: DS- John (Jack) Samuel
10/20/07: DS- Christopher (CJ) James
10/13/09: DS -

Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
(female)

AndreaL HB User

I had to have a c-section because my daughter was in the breech position. The surgeons performed my c-section at 39 weeks, I read that any complications to baby were very small at that stage but the risks were higher if the c-section had been before the 39 weeks.
Dr's will be the best qualified to determine at what stage of pregnancy you need a c-section, there are varying reasons for needing one so you're best to ask your Dr.

Closed Thread