It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

pettle88 HB User
Exclamation Urgent!! - Bowel Movements Stuck between vagina and anus?????

I have been constipated but nothing as bad as this... I am 10 weeks (i think - haven't had a scan yet) pregnant. I tried to go number 2 today and i kept straining thinking i was constipated but nothing.. literally nothing came out... when i felt between my vagina and anus (that skin? dunno the name of it) i felt it pushing up against there... i am in so much pain I don't know what to do anymore... I took ex-lax and still nothing.. tried vaseline and a qtip... tried lots of liquids... i tried contacting nhs24 (emergency hotline) and they havent gotten back to me... i mean is this normal?? and if so what do i do? i don't know if i can even go to work tomorrow because of it... no one seems to be able to help me and im really scared and in pain. thanks for your help

Old 05-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catheryn HB User
Re: Urgent!! - Bowel Movements Stuck between vagina and anus?????

Have you tried a glycerine suppository or maybe a fleet enema to loosen things up? I'd check with your doc to make sure it's ok to take either during pregnancy (or even a pharmacist at the drug store) first. You could probably just get a rectal syringe and use warm tap water when needed, because it's probably going to be an ongoing thing throughout your pregnancy. I find an enema is the only way I can REALLY get things moving -- sometimes even a laxative doesn't work!

Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

Marie84 HB User

Cranberry Juice is sending me to the bathroom like crazy!

But in the early months that may not work, my doc said that its ok to take medicine to get this moving, but really...you may just have to wait for time to solve this problem....its one of those things....it will come, dont worry.
New baby: Due 08 08 09!

Old 05-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
(female)

pettle88 HB User

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.. I was in such horrible pain all night I couldn't sleep and had to stay home from work today, can you believe that? I've never been in that much pain in my life, I am feeling much better now though - I will speak to my doctor about it and see what he thinks. Thanks a lot for your help though I appreciate it!!

Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
(female)

grandkids6 HB User

I am not pregnant, but have the same issue. this is my 2nd day. What has helped you?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Prune juice! This is what the hospitals use in elderly patients to keep them regular. It is safe during pregnancy and probably about the best natural laxative in the universe. It definately sounds like you are constipated. This is common during pregnancy. What I do is increase my liquid intake and try to make sure I'm getting enough fruits and vegetables. For me, this helps things keep moving along. If this is a common problem for you, then I would suggest one juice glass of prune juice every morning with your breakfast. NO MORE!!!!! If you over do it, your likely to never leave the bathroom again. Good luck to you!

Old 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

Dry quaker oat squares and a huge cup of ice water (like 20 ounces or more). Eat the oat squares 2-3 at a time and wash each bite down with the ice water. I got this tip from somebody else and 99.9% of the time, you'll be going within 12 hour or less (they said 24, but my experience has been 12 or less!).

And load up on veggies, beans, and fruits like a crazy person!

Oh, and stay away from white foods, because they'll just make things worse (instant potatoes are the worst!!!).

Good luck!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

I have been craving canned spinach... and let me tell you, after I eat it, the next day, I am pretty regular. But I haven't had the constipation since I started eating more fruits and veggies. I drink about 2 full glasses of water with dinner, and in the mornings I drink a huge glass of milk, have some fruit, whole wheat toast, orange juice and usually some other kind of juice to drink. It may seem like a lot, but not really.

Also if you can stomach prune juice go for it. I felt like I was drinking molases that tasted like crap! haha Even watered down, I can't drink that stuff... ugh!

I like prunes though, maybe you can try those if the juice is just too much for you!

Old 05-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
(female)

Betty Bee HB User

When I was pregnant I had the same problem. My pre-natal vitamin had a stool softener in it and it worked like a charm! I never had constipation my whole pregnancy sine I started taking it. It's called Citri Natal...with a mild softener whicj is safe to use. I wouldn't use ex-lax bc my doc said it wasn't safe.There are all different kinds with iron, dha etc...check with your doc to see which is the best for you. I used the dha, but plan to use the one with extra iron bc I was anemic last pregnancy. Good luck!

Closed Thread