It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

Kaylynn904 HB User
Is passing out during early pregnancy normal?

I am 6 weeks pregnant. I was at cosmetology school today and passed out. I started getting real hot, my heart started beating fast and I slowly began to black out. I sat down to calm myself. My teacher held my hand to help me to the other room and i completley blacked out and fell to the floor.
I felt fine after but have been feeling dizzy for the last few hours. I start to feel like it's gonna happen again so i sit down and start to feel better.
I called the doctor and she said this is normal in early pregnancy but I've never heard of it, is it true? and how can i help stop it?

Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Is passing out during early pregnancy normal?

Hi Kaylynn,

I have not heard of this either, but my pregnancy years are WAY behind me now. If your doctor says this is normal, I would call back and ask WHY?

My experience with passing out though, is different. I passed out nearly everyday for over a year, following strokes, so I do have some suggestions for what to do when you get that feeling.

At the first sign, sit down immediately, and protect your head. The major problems with passing out is the potential for injury when you fall. I used to slide myself down to the floor, using the wall or any sturdy structure. Do not spend time trying to talk, or be polite. You usually only have a few seconds before you faint.

Passing out causes your brain to reset itself, so do not get up until you are good and ready. Put the potential embarrassment aside, and avoid that gut reaction to pop back up like nothing happened.

I would ask your doctor how long this "normally" happens, and if it goes beyond that point, insist to be seen. Keep yourself well hydrated, rested and relaxed, as much as possible. Pregnancy brings many changes to a woman, but the secret is to take these in stride, and enjoy the miracle of motherhood.

I wish you the best...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I passed out a couple times and once when I was in a TV repair shop and as I blacked out and went down I could hear somewhere in my scrambled hearing a whole lot of metal kind of noise...I thought I had maybe knocked over a bunch of TV's or something. I woke up with the guy holding my arm up in the air...not sure what he thought he was doing but it did scare the snot out of him. He was very happy for me to leave his store. I remember my young son was with me and didn't react to any of it ...as if I did this all the time. The guy probably thought I was drunk or something but I was just pregnant. That was the only pregnancy out of 5 that I did that.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
(female)

Frogans2005 HB User

yes it is normal in early pregnancy. Your body is adjusint to the baby. Google it and you will find the answers as to Why. Just sit down or lay down when you begin to feel the signs. It has to do with the extra amount of blood flow your body needs if I understand it correctly. Congrats and Goodluck!

Closed Thread