It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

melmo20 HB User
Severe back and leg pain

I am 10 weeks pregnant. I don't know it this has to do with being pregnant, or some other health issue.
My lower back and upper leg (Seems to be only the right leg) really, REALLY hurts. Especially right now. I think it could have something to do with being on my feet too much (I am an asst manager at a restaurant and am on my feet about 7 to 10 hours a day.) I am fine until I get home, st down for 5 minutes or so and then when I get up I have a lot of trouble walking. My leg is what is bothering me the most tonight, it almost feels like it's popped out of the joint or something, I don't know. And my lower back bothers me while I am at work if I have to bend at all, even if it is just a little bit.
Even though I am only 10 weeks pregnant, could this have something to do with it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
(female)

jana83 HB User
Re: Severe back and leg pain

If you have pain this severe, it might not be a bad idea to contact your ob/gyn or GP. Have you had an ultrasound yet to rule out an ectopic pregnancy?

In pregnancy, your legs can hurt because the uterus is pushing on the nerves, but 10 weeks does seem early. Of course your symptoms may not have much to do with your being pregnant, apart from the hormones maybe making some previously existing problem more apparent. The leg pain could be something neurological and having back pain when you're standing a lot is pretty normal during pregnancy, even this early.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hope2Heal HB User

Tell your doctor and ask for an ultrasound of the leg. It could be blood clots and it they are in your deep veins (like mine) it could lead to serious consequences. My short version of my story : Pregnancy one 6 weeks after it was discovered i had DVT (deep vein thrombosis) in my pelvic area and right leg. Though my doc intially told me it was the flu (i had a fever also) and then I thought it was a chiropractic issue. finally went to ER. Not sure when it developed during pregnancy or after.

Second pregnancy. Thought the problem had gone away was told the clots dissolved. About 6 weeks into pregnancy began having dull throbbing aches in my right leg. Thought it was unrelated, maybe just hormonal or from exersise. But it was persistant so i mentioned it to doctor. They sent me to readiology and turns out I had blood clot in my leg still, it had not dissolved and my vein was 50% blocked. I was put on heparin (blood thinner shots).

My symptoms both times were: pain in lower back and right leg, progressivel worseneing, sometimes seemed to travel and hard to pinpoint exactly where it was, leg sometimes felt heavy. I did not have some of the common symptoms of DVT such as obvious swelling or discoloration in the leg.

Hopefully in your case it is muscular but you should get it checked out becuase women's blood naturally clots more during pregnancy and if you had an underlying clotting disorder it may just show itself for the first time during a pregnancy.

keep us posted

Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
(female)

melmo20 HB User

Well I don't have any pain if I am sitting or laying down. I get home from work, a long day of standing and I sit or lay down with my laptop for an hour or so. When I get up, thats when it is horribly painful to walk. If I sit back down, I am fine. I am gonna ask my doc about it though, my next appt is Sept 9.

Closed Thread