It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

fireangel9 HB User
Question Pregnant and taking daily injections of Lovenox

hey all well im 5 week preggers and my doctor put me on lovenox once a day because of my recent stroke in december of last year. im just wondering what kind of side affects can i expect or not expect to happen? and is it safer to inject in your belly while ur pregnant? have many questions about this drug like im taking nexuim, prozac and allerga can they mess with these drugs.? I also heard nexium doesnt let you consume calcuim like its suppose to? is there any truth to that? my prozac im slowing going to taper myself down with the doctors so the baby isn't depentent on that drug which my doc says normally happens in the 3 rd trimester.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

fireangel9 HB User
Re: Pregnant and taking daily injections of Lovenox

okay i am currently 16 weeks now, doing great both of us just severe migranes like when i was getting my sight back when i was in the hostipal. overall okay with occasionally dizzness and lack of balance i believe im going to start walking with my walker here soon. Ive noticed im stuggering and losing my cooridnation alot here now that im further along. Off the keppra, nexium, and prozac which was all in the beginning for me i caught it right in time thx heavens. But recently i broke a blood vessel in my stomach from all the injections of lovenox. I went to the er they told me everything was fine with both of us. But i still got scared seeing im high risk. Just wondering if other moms that were pregnant had that kinda or similiar scare on the injections.?????????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

Hi there.

I don t know if this helps....i have essential thrombocytosis...which is a platelet disorder and had lovenox for both my pregnancies. I now have 2 healthy boys aged 20 months and 8 months. I had no complications with the shots. Yes they were quite painfyul ..i used to have them in the tummy to. Which was black and blue by the end....since the boys were so close i had the shots for 2 years straight.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I am sure all will go well. Take care

Amy

Old 10-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
(female)

fireangel9 HB User

Amy,

thx so much for the info im going in today to check my sugar levels seeing im borderline diabetic. but i do have a few questions there kinda embrassing really but did you experience vomiting and diaherra at all on the shots. Cuz as soon as i gain a pound or two its gone cuz of how sick i get. I must agree the shots are a pain, very much so. I was on heparin before this so my stomach has alot of scar damage from all the injections and now these shots hurt like a mother. have another Q? does the shot every hit the baby in pregnancy? My husband and i were talking about it last night just wondered
thx again for the info

Sophia

Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I had severe morning sickness..hmm all day sickness with both pregnancies until approx 20th week. So i used to throw up every day and never put on any weight...actually i lost too....in the first 4 months. I did have diarrhea which the dr told me might be due to the shots......

The shots CANNOT hit the baby. i was abit scared of this myself and since i work in an imaging dept i had a scan whilst having the shot to check out if the needle gets close....which it doesn t.

I had gestational diabetes with my 2nd preg and needed 2 insulin shots a day........make sure you closely monitor your sugar levels. Even though i was on insulian and a strict diet i had a 10lb baby.

Amy

Closed Thread