It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

desigrl HB User
GLOBAL BILLING??? Can someone help?

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I'm still trying to figure out what "Global Billing" is? From what I know, I think the dr. will bill my ins. company for prenatal, delivery and postpartum charges all at once...but we still have been getting statements from Anthem after each of my visits, it does say "THIS IS NOT A BILL" I'm confused...i'd really appreciate any input, thanks!

Old 03-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: GLOBAL BILLING??? Can someone help?

Global billing is simply a way for u.s. doctors to bill a foreign insurance provider with a little more ease. Yes, they bill after your delivery and everything is finished. If you are getting these statements and they say ,"this is not a bill," then they are just keeping you updated on your medical treatment. They are legally obligated to prove to you, as well as your provider what has been done, what they are billing for, and what the charges are. KEEP THESE FORMS! This will provide you with an accurate record so that neither the insurance company, or your doc, can later bill you for something that never occured. So make sure you keep accurate records.
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
(female)

desigrl HB User

Thanks!! You've been a lot of help on all my posts!!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Altson HB User

I agree with "JustMel", especially KEEP ALL FORMS you get in a file. Also, you should check with your Dr. if you have a co-pay or deductible to be met for pregnancy which you are responsible for paying. Most Dr. offices will let you spread it out during your prenatal months but sometimes with global billing, you get hit with it all at once, right after you've had the baby and it can be expensive if you didn't preplan. Also, if you began your pregnancy in 2009, you should only be subject to your 2009 co-pay/deductible. Often, they'll try and have you pay the next year's amount.

Happy baby to you!

Closed Thread