It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
(female)

kianna32 HB User
Unhappy Positve negative positive what gives

Hi, I am so confused and unsure of what is going on.....I have done about 6 pregnancy tests because of confusing anwers...I did a clear blue and it was positive. Then to confirm and FRER and it was negative.Then I did 2 Life Bran Shoppers drug mart tests and they were both positive and then a FRER and it was negative.....Has anyone herd of this ever?????? I'm supposed to get my girlie thing in 2 days...I am soooooo confused like what is it?????Any opions would be greatly apprciated..I looked up the life brand hpts and there as sensitive and accurate as FRER and CB....

Old 03-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User
Re: Positve negative positive what gives

Hi ive just found out im pregnant last week (2nd pregnancy), I got a faint bfp 4 days before my period was due with a clearblue pregnancy test, i also took another (supermarket) brand the same day and it was negative. In my experiance as ive taken ALOT of pregnancy tests i have never had a false result with clearblue. I took a clearblue digial test the next day and it was bfp!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

As long as you read the positive result withing the proper testing time, whis is normally 10 minutes, and you came up positive, then I would say congratulations!!!!!! This happened to me. I kept getting positives on the generic brands but not the name brands.....so I figured the generics were wrong. By the way, I started testing really early, about 10days before my period was to come. Then the name brand tests started to faintly show up positive, so I decided to take a digital. The digi came out neg. So I waited a day, then the digi came out pos. So I went to the doc the day after that, and the doc said I was not pregnant. So ok........I wasnt pregnant. Then I missed my period, went back to the doc, and this time, he said I was going to have a baby. So I did some research. Each test is made different. Different tests measure a different amount of hcg, so one brand can vary from another. But even more interesting then that, is it doesnt just go by brand. What the box tells you as far as measurements of hcg is really the least sensetive your test will be. But two tests from the very same box may also very well have different levels of sensitivity. It's something that they do to the strip while making them. So some are even more sensitive still. My guess is this is what is going on with you. One test just isnt quite as sensitive as another. Good luck to you.
Melissa

Old 03-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
(female)

kianna32 HB User

Hey thanks so much for your response....Ya I can't understand what has been going on...It's almost been driving me crazy!!! I just don't know which one is right..but I did get the positives within the time limit it said to look at the test after two minutes and no longer than 10 minutes and right at 2 mintues positive faint line came up on all of them...and stayed...but ya just like you the name brand tests excet the one cb have all been negative..it says the generic pics up 25 and supposidly so does FRER and CB so I have no idea..but thanks for trying to help me figure this out it really helps me to no I'm not the only one who has delt with this....big hugs to you Melissa!!!!!

Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

The chances of getting a false positive are very slim. You're more likely to get a false negative. So you are probably prego! I'd say wait a few days and then go to the dr. and get a blood test done if you are still unsure.

Closed Thread