It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User
Exclamation Holy Braxton Hicks !

Sweet Sassy!! I've had mild braxton hicks here and there for a month or so now. They've been very very mild and very sporatic. I'm 28 weeks now and have read this is normal, but I didn't have these with my first pregnancy so it's very new to me.

TMI alert. haha.. After sex my belly is usually quite tight. So after sex last night I didn't think anything of my tight belly at first. Until it went away... and then returned.. and went away.. and returned.. haha. They were every 2-5mins and became so tight and painful! This went on for hours! I tried changing positions, walking and even going for a pee. lol. After a few hours they did get further apart and less intense enough to fall asleep. I did however wake up around 6am and I was still having them haha.

This is craziness to me. lol. I was so shocked at how intense they were getting. DH was actually worried.

Anyone else have some crazy braxton hicks stories? Also, I've had a feeling for a long time now that I was going to go early. Are braxton hicks any indication of that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User
Re: Holy Braxton Hicks ! ::::UPDATE::::

EEEPPP !!

So it's just come to my attention that this may have been a little more then braxton hicks :s Apparently it isn't normal to have such consistant contractions.. or to have them increase in pain and intensity... or to have more then 5 in an hour..

So now I'm wondering if this may have been the beginning of possible preterm labor. It seems to have stopped today... but.. is this something I should contact my doctor about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User
Re: Holy Braxton Hicks !

I've been through this before, with my last pregnancy, I'm pretty sure it's braxton hicks. The last trimester of my pregnancy (last time) everytime my dh and I had sex I would have what felt like strong constant contractions for hours afterward. I went to the labor and delivery I don't even know how many times. I would go to sleep or take a shower (warm showers seemed to help a little, not much but a little) and I'd get up and they'd be either completely gone or not as consistent as they were before. Sex always seemed to set them off. You know they say it's a good way to start labor but I just found that it was a good way to make me uncomfortable. lol.
Your best bet though is to keep track of them, make sure they're not getting closer together.
When you have them does it feel like they're mostly in the lower part of your stomach or do they radiate from back to front. The ones I had that were false labor were mostly in the lower part and in well, they moved into my crotch area. I know TMI but I'm trying to be accurate. and of course when in doubt call your doctor or visit labor and delivery.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

I re read that, yes you should call your doctor

Old 04-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

almac HB User

Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel a little better. I'm horrible for playing things off, so when things like this happen it worries people.. which in turn starts stressing me out haha.

I figured I'd go see the doctor today if it continued. Which actually it started up again but I got in a warm shower and just hungout for a while. I seem to be fine now. That also made me feel better.

TMI alert again.. lol.. last week the morning after sex I woke up to seriously damp pj bottoms. No color.. and I didn't notice a smell. It was just wet. I didn't even tell DH and chalked it up to the baby possibly resting on my bladder while I slept. When he found out he freaked haha. So I think that.. combined with this.. Sex is never happening again. lol.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LiseK HB User

Yeah I got to the point where I had actually weighed out how I felt after sex to how the sex was, which honestly had started to get uncomfortable anyway and had came to the conclusion that sex was going to be non existent til I was healed from the birth, you know, if we could find the time and the mood for it. lol
Thank god my dh was understanding about the whole BH contractions and not wanting to do it anymore. He's been more than understanding this pregnancy. Something about not wanting to make me that uncomfortable or freak him out. lol.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

I've had 3, and pregnant with number 4, and I have never had bh contractions that strong before. But I have had them that consistantly. If I would time them, sometimes for two days in a row they would be between 4 and 5 min apart without a break. But it wasnt uncomfortable or anything because like I said, they werent that strong. Good luck to you.
Melissa

Closed Thread