It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
(female)

Megan31285 HB User
Question Passing large liver like clots with no cramping?

Hi everyone I am very new to this board and I have a question. I am just trying to find anyone with a similar story as mine so maybe I can have some peace of mind. I am now 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I have been spotting for the past two weeks, started dark brown and ended up bright red. Last week I went to see my OBGYN and they did the internal ultrasound and saw the yolk sac. They said the sac looked perfect and wanted to see me again in a week. This past week I went for another internal ultrasound and progress was made, and they saw a fetal pole but no hearbeat. They reassured me that it still may be too early to detect a hearbeat. Today, everything went on as normal. I had to use the bathroom. As soon as I started to Urinate, I passed a large liver like blood clot. It was dark red/brown. Immediately, I went to the ER when I had my levels checked, and had an internal and external ultrasound. Again, there was more progress but they did not detect a hearbeat, and again they said it still may be too early, but everything looked good. They sent me home to bed rest, and I have to go back Monday for another ultrasound. Has anyone had this happen to them but yet carried to term without any complications? Please let me know! I need some reassurance that things could be ok! Thank you and God Bless!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Passing large liver like clots with no cramping?

You should look at the post about the subchorionic himmorage at the bottem of the board. You may be going through something like that. Also, if the baby is progressing, I would think that he/she is hangin in there. The heartbeat doesn't start beating until 10 weeks I believe, so that might be why you aren't seeing it. However, your baby is still progressing, which would suggest to me, although I'm not a doc, that the baby is doing ok. Good luck to you.
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
(female)

Khandii HB User

The heart beat starts within the 5th week actually but it's still very hard to detect it. With my last pregnancy I got an ultra sound within my 6th week and we saw the heart beat.

Everytime I have had bleeding it has always ended in miscarriage for me but there are many people out there that is doesn't. I say pray for the best but always be prepared for the worse.

Again with my last pregnancy I got my second ultra sound in my 8th week and the baby was fine and then 2 weeks later I started some spotting barely anything but because of my past I went to the er, they found a faint h/b but asked me to come back the next day for a tech to do an internal and by that time the baby had died. The baby actually stopped growing a week earlier.

In the ER there was a girl who was 14 weeks and she was bleeding like crazy and her baby ended up fine, everyone is different. i wish you all the best and keep us posted.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

The heartbeat begins near the end of the 5th week, mine came in at 90bpm when it began beating at week 5, and increased dramatically over the next few weeks.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
(female)

cgange HB User

I had the same issue and went full term. My Dr sd that the uterus just needed to expell something that was gonna be in the way for later. So hang in there. No sex, no lifting of anything and treat yourself with exxtra care. After the once large clot and a couple of dys of bleeding all was fine. had an ultrasound about once a month and all was fine.

Closed Thread