It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User
ambiguous pregnancy test

I've been having some very odd symptoms lately and just a "feeling" of being pregnant. My period is supposed to be due on Saturday. My husband and I "flirted" with the idea of getting pregnant within the last month and had unprotected sex apparently while I was ovulating (though I wasn't really aware of that at the time-we haven't been really TTC otherwise) . Anyway, long story short, I have just been too anxious over waiting until Saturday while wondering if this strange dizziness and cramping is just PMS or not...so I took a test tonight. Clearblue, to be exact. Well, it is definitely early as I have not yet missed a period and I had that in mind. The test came up with a very dark negative line, but then as the control window filled up, a very VERY faint, almost unnoticeable second line came up to (possibly) form a plus sign. You'd really have to look for it. But, of course, me being neurotic, noticed it and continued to stare at it for a few minutes trying to figure out if it was a defect in the test or not.

Does this mean that this is a positive outcome and that I just took the test too early, hence the super faint line? I will definitely take another one come Sat., especially if I don't get my period. I am just freaking out with excited/nervous thoughts! If this is a reality it is a definite happy reality, even though I feel totally unprepared and nervous about being pregnant! Any thoughts on my ambiguous test would be helpful. I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: ambiguous pregnancy test

If you read the test within the testing time period (normally 10 min), and there is any line at all, no matter how faint, then you can consider it as a positive result.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
(female)

dolphin27 HB User

From my experience, the more you look at the test, the easier it is to see something that isn't really there. I would retest, at least on Saturday, but if you got a positive you could test anytime between now and then and if it's darker, even if not as dark as the control, then I would consider it a positive.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Thanks for your advice. I am definitely planning to retake the test tomorrow morning when i first wake up, and I bought digital ones this time so hopefully I won't be so confused. I've been thinking I'm pregnant for the last few days ever since that strange test result, but at the same time I still am not 100% certain, so it has been a very weird feeling! I hope to get something more clear tomorrow. I've been having some crazy feelings/symptoms though, like breast fullness/nipple sensitivity, serious dizziness and sort of body aches/flu-like feelings, and I have had mood swings like WHOA. Yesterday I seriously had a 5-minute laughing-which-turned-into-crying fit for absolutely no reason. My husband didn't even say anything really funny.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User

Well good luck to you! Just so you know though, in my opinion, the digi one's arent as sensitive as the others. I tested pos for over a week on the reg tests before a digi one showed pos. Funnier still.....by that time I had tested positive on like 15 reg tests, then the digi's finally started comming back pos......so I went to the doc....and tested neg! lol. In the end I was pregnant, but I think it's funny that the store brands are more sensitive then the ones at the doc's office! Again....GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Oh wow, I wish I would have known that before buying them! Here I thought they would be the better choice considering that the faint second line was throwing me off. As much as I'd like to believe that any sort of visibility would mean I'm pregnant, I am WAY too overanalytical and anxious to go on just that and I really need something more obvious to convince me. Tomorrow is when I'm supposed to get my period. I hope the digital one will be accurate! I will definitely use it first thing in the morning so hopefully that will help increase accuracy. If it turns out positively positive, you will definitely be seeing more of me around here posting a bunch of questions to get myself acclimated to the idea of being pregnant Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Old 04-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

So I took a digital pregnancy test first thing this morning. I had my husband take the test and wait for the results so that he could read them to me. Turns out, it very clearly said "Pregnant". !!!!! We are so excited and a bit shocked, even though I think we both really knew with a lot of the symptoms and the pregnant feelings I've been having. I have to say I'm a bit overwhelmed/excited/nervous and don't quite know where to start. I want to start planning everything at once but I know I should wait until at least 2 more months or so. I have some specific questions so will be starting a few new threads here and there to get some support from the people here.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
(female)

Khandii HB User

congrats, feel free to come over to the april first trimester thread I have created. I am trying to get some more people on there so we can get a real support group started.

I want to start things too but with my history of muscarriages I am so scared. last time I held out until 10 weeks to buy something and sure enough right after I got it in I lost the baby, so this time I am not even looking at things because that has happened with all 3 of my pregnancies, this is my 4th.

Closed Thread