It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 03:25 AM   #1
(female)

Speechie HB User
Cervix thinning at 33 weeks

I went to my OB/GYN last week and he remarked that my cervix is thinning. Does that mean that I will go into labor early? He didn't give a percentage, he just said, the baby wants to come out. But he scheduled me to come back in 2 weeks. So I am assuming he doesn't think that I will go into labor before that. What is the normal time for the cervix to begin thinning? Should I be worried?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Cervix thinning at 33 weeks

That's a little early, but if your doctor isn't pushing panic buttons, I wouldn't either. I would think that if the baby can hang in there for about 3 more weeks, then everything should be fine. But babies born before 30 weeks today are thriving and doing wonderful. I think I would just relax, take it easy, kick your feet up and find a good book or movie to get your mind off of it. Stress and worry never does anything more then harm. So look at the upsides, 1)the baby isn't comming today so he/she is still growing and getting stronger, 2)you still have no idea for sure even if the baby will come early so it could all be over nothing, 3) if it did come early, even if it came today, the baby is big enough that with help from the hospital, he/she should survive and do just fine. Sooooooooo, dont let this get to you so badly. just take it easy and try to relax. Good luck!
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread