It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

HeatherAnn HB User
Biconical uterus; cyst; bleeding.

Hello.
A little bit of background information... I am 20 years old, have been dating my current boyfriend for two years now. About eight months ago, I began bleeding during intercourse. I went to see my GYN and had a pap (which came back normal; I have never had an abnormal pap) but she ordered an ultrasound to check things out.
The results showed a small cyst on my left ovary, and that I had a biconical(?) uterus. Instead of being balloon shaped, it has a kind of valley that dips down in the middle. I didn't think to ask to see the ultrasound pictures, because it was all a bit much to take in at once, but the way my doctor discribed it lead me to believe it is a rather deep valley.
As for the bleeding, my doctor said it was due to the lining of my uterus shedding... which she said was a normal hormonal change.
I am going back in August to have a second ultrasound to see if the cyst is still present; if it is, she said it may be a binine turmor that needs to be removed.
Although I am not wanting children at this particular time in my life, my boyfriend and I have been making major future plans, including children. Will my condidtions prevent me from being able to conceive? I know my uterus increases the risk of misscarriage... and I'm afraid that a surgery on my ovary could further complicate things.
Everyone keeps telling me that "things will work out" and that "women are told they can't have children everyday, and still do," but I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I'm really very upset about all this. If anyone has any information or advice, please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Biconical uterus; cyst; bleeding.

I dont have any information for you, however, I will say that you never know until you get there. Since your not ready for children right now, try not to concern yourself with this right now. And never forget what a wonderful gift adoption is. Now that for many is an absolute "LAST" resort. But it doesnt hurt to keep it in the back of your mind as a possibility. Heck, even if you are able to have children, at some point, if your settled and able, it's never a bad thing to consider. There is also the possibility of surrogacy. I have a friend who was a surrogate mother, and she thought the whole experience was amazing. Not to mention how far the medical field has advanced and continues to advance every day. And you never know, you might just might find that you have no problems conceiving what so ever! Anyway, my point is, you may still be able to have children, and you have plenty of time to find out, so dont buy trouble today when you still have no idea what tomorrow will hold. And if you find out that you cant have children, then there are still many options available. Best of luck to you!
Melissa

Old 05-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
(female)

HeatherAnn HB User
Re: Biconical uterus; cyst; bleeding.

Thank you for your encouragement.
After surfing this site for a few days, I found many women with the same condition as I who now have several, healthy children. I know the road to pregnancy will be difficult, and I will face many disappointments, but you're right: I have plenty of time before I even have to face it.

Closed Thread