It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

Stigma HB User
Abdomen Sore to Touch

Hello,

I'm now 24 weeks pregnant and have noticed over the past few days that my abdomen (especially bellow the belly button and to the sides) is a little tender when I touch or rub it. I had a similar experience at about 16 weeks, thought it was only around the belly button, and then it went away after a few days. It feels more intense this time and I'm feeling scared and panicky. My OB appt. is not for another couple of weeks, so I don't want to raise any alarms before I go in to see her but I worry about things like ruptured placenta, etc. My last ultrasound showed that I have anterior placenta, so I haven't been feeling the baby very much at all yet. The OB said that this was normal.

I've been a jogger for the past several years of my life and have been keeping this up. My family doctor and my OB both confirmed that there's no reason I should be limiting my jogging as long as it feels comfortable. I'm so scared that I've done something to hurt my belly.

Please help!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Abdomen Sore to Touch

I'm going to assume that everything is ok. The tenderness you are feeling is a result of the moving muscles and ligements. And of course they are going to be in the lower belly because that is where your uterus is right now. If it is becomming uncmofortable, I would slow things down a little, maybe try walking instead of running. Not because I think you are doing damage, but just because your body is changing alot physically right now, and the added strain might be causing a little discomfort. But typically, unless you are seeing blood, or you have a lot of fluid leaking, or are having strong contractions, you are just fine! Congratulations and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

Stigma HB User
Re: Abdomen Sore to Touch

Thanks so much for your reply, Mel - and for putting my mind at ease! Of course, I'm aware that this is just a forum where ordinary people exchange opinions and that it's a far cry from definite medical diagnosis by professionals, but it's always helpful to hear of other people's related experiences and hear their input (especially when it's positive and reassuring.

I hope you are right and that exercise is not doing me any harm. Today, I decided to take a day off any physical activity whatsoever, just to let my body get some rest and heal itself. I will definitely bring this up with my doctor at the upcoming appointment.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread