It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

sammu HB User
Positive tests but brown bleeding and cramps...

I missed my June period and in the last week took two pregnancy tests, both which showed positive. Since Wednesday though I've been having constant brown spotting, and some minor cramps alongside. I can't book an appointment with my GP until Monday but the more I'm reading the more worried I'm getting. I should be around 6W, but as I said I've not had any tests. Should I go into A&E tomorrow to get it checked out? Or should I just wait until Monday afternoon? I'm really worried.

EDIT: There's also been some sharp pains in my lower right abdomen and I'm worried it may be eptopic.

Last edited by sammu; 07-03-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Positive tests but brown bleeding and cramps...

Go into ER. If you think it may possibly be ectopic, it is important that you be seen.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User

i was going to say wait because brown spotting is normal in early pregancy.... until you mentioned the sharp pain on one side.

i had brown spotting when i found out i was pregnant, in hind-sight, it was after intercourse and lasted a few days. then again, i also had sharp pains on mainly one side, but it lasted a few seconds and went away. it turned out to be ligaments stretching due to a twin pregnancy. i never went to the ER because i had ultrasounds every week from week 5-8 so ectopic was ruled out immediately (we found out at 3.5 weeks that we were pregnant.) i had "ovulation type cramping" from 3 weeks to about 9 weeks.

but with sharp pains, you can't mess around. i would suggest getting an emergency appointment with your doctor, if not, go to the ER.

mommy to two beautiful angels
blake richard and kamryn olivia

Old 07-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
(female)

eshan HB User

Light bleeding in early pregnancy could be implantation bleeding which is normal. I had light cramps as well and they told me that was normal, but if it were sharp pain I should go to ER.

Not sure if this helps, but good luck!

Closed Thread