It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Constant Sneezing!!!

Ok - so this may be kind of silly, but it's really starting to make me uncomfortable. Ever since I entered into my second trimester (I'm 17 weeks now), I have been sneezing for what seems like all day long! My nose then gets really congested, clears up, then the sneezing starts again. This never happened in my first pregnancy - yeah, I know every pregnancy is different.

I also know that congestion is normal too due to increased blood volume, etc.

Does ANYONE else get this??? Can I take anything? Ahhhh!!!! This totally stinks!

Old 07-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Constant Sneezing!!!

I didn't go through the sneezing as much, but the congestion was TERRIBLE! My doctor put me on a cocktail of claritin and benedril. Both were for allergies and they worked okay. The only problem was they didn't work long enough for me to make it to my next dose.....but like I said, I was REALLY REALLY congested. If your suffering more from sneezing, and not as bad from the congestion, it might work a little better for you. I would call your doc's nurse and and see what they say about it. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

LauraLu, you are not alone

I don't have the sneezing, but my sinuses must be terribly congested. I've had constant sinus headaches for the past 5 days now, sometimes so bad it's been keeping me up through the night . Going to buy some buy some soft blue ice packs today, hopefully that will help b/c tylenol does nothing for it.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
(female)

Jupiter 410 HB User

Right there with you!! I'm 15 weeks and I've been sneezing and blowing my nose for what seems like all day for the past two weeks. I've been through 8 boxes of puffs (and I cut the tissues in two!). My doctor told me today that I could take some Chlor-Tripolon or Benadryl. Claritin and Reactine are also ok.

Good luck!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
(female)

aphrodite62782 HB User

Oh man this started early for me this pregnancy. The congestion started at 6 weeks and the sneezing started at 9 weeks. It's totally horrible when I am at work and just start having Sneeze Fest 2010. I feel your pain. Hopefully your sinuses will cut it out soon.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
(female)

Harris0210 HB User

I am currently going through the same thing. As I write this post, I have the urge to sneeze. It's been going on for me for about two weeks now. All I do is sneeze! I'm 16 months today.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

Although it can be allergies, it is not uncommon to sneeze as a result of the increasing estrogen levels. My allergist calls it a "kind of allergy" to estrogen. I sneezed my way through both of my pregnancies and it stopped in the delivery room as the estrogen levels began to fall.

So wait and see if it continues until birth and if it goes away right after you give birth and you know you have a sensitivity to high estrogen levels. My mother did it and so did my sister. Someday I'll hope to see if my daughter will do it. But it does run in families.

Happy sneezing!

gentle hugs............Jenny

Closed Thread