It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Anyone pass clots with brown discharge in early pregnancy?

I am 5 weeks and afraid I'm having a miscarriage. I started spotting light brown last night but no cramping. It's been like that all day, mostly when I wipe. I had an u/s today, but I'm so early all they could see was the sac. After my u/s I wiped myself again and noticed 2 small dark brown clots mixed with lt. brown discharge. Since then just a tiny bit of brown when I wipe and no more clots yet or pain. It's been 24 hrs. since this began. Could I be miscarrying... or are clots like this ok?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

fruitloop1024 HB User
Re: Anyone pass clots with brown discharge in early pregnancy?

My miscarriage was similar to what you are talking about with the brown spotting and no. cramps but mine was at 11wks after they had confirmed the pregnancy with an internal ultrasound. You probably need blood work to check your hormone levels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke85 View Post
I am 5 weeks and afraid I'm having a miscarriage. I started spotting light brown last night but no cramping. It's been like that all day, mostly when I wipe. I had an u/s today, but I'm so early all they could see was the sac. After my u/s I wiped myself again and noticed 2 small dark brown clots mixed with lt. brown discharge. Since then just a tiny bit of brown when I wipe and no more clots yet or pain. It's been 24 hrs. since this began. Could I be miscarrying... or are clots like this ok?
Defenetly call and get your hormone levels checked. My M/C 2 weeks ago also strated with brown spotting after every wipe and no cramping, but by the third day it was all blood. Hope this is not your case, Wish you all the best...

Old 08-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 030free View Post
Defenetly call and get your hormone levels checked. My M/C 2 weeks ago also strated with brown spotting after every wipe and no cramping, but by the third day it was all blood. Hope this is not your case, Wish you all the best...
I guess I'm just waiting for the cramps and more blood. I had a blood draw and in 43 hrs. my hcg went from 2900 to 3300. I know it wasn't the full 48 hrs. But close enough IMO. I'm still spotting, no pain or anymore clots yet. Thanks for your help ladies.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
(female)

plang HB User

I had brown spotting for weeks in the early months! Probably between 7-12 weeks I spotted off an on. The DR said it was normal. My DR told me it was likely left over blood from implantation. And in your case, the ultrasound probably pushed on your cervix and dislodged some of it. If your numbers are still climbing, I would take that as a good sign. Just take it easy, don't do anything too strenuous and relax. Put your feet up, let your hubby cook dinner!
Most importantly, take a deep breath! The spotting could last a day, could last a month. Whenever you see your DR tell him it's still going on. He'll reassure you.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
(female)

eshan HB User

Brooke,

Could you ask for another u/s? Brown spotting could be any number of things and your numbers are still climbing so that is also good sign.

Last edited by eshan; 08-07-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User030free HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke85 View Post
I guess I'm just waiting for the cramps and more blood. I had a blood draw and in 43 hrs. my hcg went from 2900 to 3300. I know it wasn't the full 48 hrs. But close enough IMO. I'm still spotting, no pain or anymore clots yet. Thanks for your help ladies.
Well your hormones have gone up so thats great, still stay ontop of your spotting and if you have any other changes call your OB asap. Congrats again...

Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Today they went up to 3850. Still not even close to doubling from Monday's 2900.I'm still spotting only brown, very very minor cramps. The dr. said miscarriage is most likely imminent due to the hcg count, but at this point he's still calling the pregnancy viable. My cervix is closed and he said baby's still in there fighting, but to me it doesn't sound good. I guess I'll see if they'll do an u/s next week. I'm exactly 6 weeks today.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
(female)

eshan HB User

I am hoping it turns out well. Climbing numbers is a hopeful sign and it is still in range for 6 weeks. You might have the rare "slow starter." Thinking about you.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshan View Post
I am hoping it turns out well. Climbing numbers is a hopeful sign and it is still in range for 6 weeks. You might have the rare "slow starter." Thinking about you.
Thank you. I hope that's the case. I had yet another blood draw Friday (yesterday) and they went up to 5519. I find it to be good that they have gone up quite a bit from Thursday to Friday. Though they aren't doubling in the 48-72 hr. window, it looks like they're still rising. I'm still spotting brown with what looks like tissue. After my u/s last week, the Dr. said I have a small subchorionic hemmorhage which may be the cause of my spotting. I'd be ok with that answer if I weren't passing tissue and hadn't have passed those clots last Tuesday.

Here are my levels from my 7 blood draws to compare:

Monday 7/26 - 263
Wednesday 7/28 - 441
Friday 7/30 - 903
Monday 8/2 - 2900 - STARTED SPOTTING BROWN THAT EVENING
Wednesday 8/4 - 3300
Thursday 8/5 - 3850
Friday - 5519

Closed Thread