It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2002, 04:51 PM   #1

AngeliqueM HB User
Insurance question???? Help!

I just thought of something, I'm currently covered under my moms insurance, she has BCBS through her work, would it cover the cost of Delievery??? I know it would pay for all the doctors vists and everything, but will it pay for the actual birth??
Also, I was wondering if anyone knew of any thing to help out with the costs of everything, something like WIC, and any information you could give me would be a great help.
Thanks,
Angie

Old 01-03-2002, 05:43 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Insurance question???? Help!

That depends on your mom's insurance and it's policy. I with the one through my husband that everythingis covered except for a small co-pay. That amount depends on how long I would stay int he hospital. Like with our first son we only had to pay $25.00...easy delivery and I was out in about two days.
With our second we had some difficulty(little monster didnt want to come out lol) and I had a c-section in which I stayed five days and we paid $44.00 for that.
So you need to ask your mom to check her policy.
You also need to think who will pay for the baby during his/her hospital stay. Have your mom check that also. Because many polies wont cover the baby's care. That happened with my brother -in-law and his baby. He and the mother werent married,he had to get his insurance to cover the baby's care while the mother's care was covered by her parents insurance. So you might want to check into that. I know with my two babies my hubby had to take a copy of the birth document(not the certificate because you wont get that at the hospital) to our insurance office and then they would cover teh baby's care.
As for places to help the costs you need to look in yor local phone book and then call the various women's clinics and govt. agencies that offer help.
Also you can look to the baby's father for so help also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2002, 08:28 PM   #3

AngeliqueM HB User

Yes that did help thank you, I guess when I decide to tell my mom then I'll ask her some questions too. I know all my doctors vists are covered, and all I have to do is pay a small copay.

Old 01-04-2002, 10:26 PM   #4

Chris0004 HB User

I work for a major insurance company. If your mom is legally accepting financial support of baby and claims it in her taxes she may be able to add baby on to her plan.
If you and the baby's father are living together, most insurance company's will allow you to be added on to their plan as domestic partner even if you are not married, this is a new thing that is being done.
You should call the insurance company up and ask what benefits you get for maternity. Most plans do not have a copayment as the dr. is suppose to bill the prenatal care all with the delivery. If your plan has a copayment for hospitalization you may also have to pay it up front.
I know in our phone book in the front section has all numbers for different services, you might want to check there and call to see if your state has free medical care and if you qualify. Good Luck

Old 01-05-2002, 09:49 AM   #5

Sunflowers HB User

Hi There,

You could also call Healthy Start. As well as your local WIC office for an appointment to recieve vouchers for free milk and baby formula. Also, your OB/GYN could help you find out all the community services available to you as a pregnant woman.

good luck and take care.
sunflowers

Closed Thread