It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2002, 08:11 PM   #1

Molly M HB User
Worry is getting less and less

Hi everyone. I had my appointment today, pelvic, and my midwife said everything looks good. We heard the heartbeat which was at a normal rate. I am happy. The last pregnancy didn't get this far - I will be at the end of my 11th week on Sunday. Just wanted to let you know. I know miscarriage can still occur but I am going to think positive. I think everything is going to be ok this time.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-08-2002, 06:59 AM   #2
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User
Re: Worry is getting less and less

IM sure everything is great! Fortunately, good things happen much more often than bad with pregnancy, so the odds are in your favor. I believe you mentioned you suffered a mc before?? Anyway, the only problem I have is that with all the info that is out there, you cant help but worry because people only really talk about what can go wrong. If everything goes smoothly, noone posts it on the net or does a show on it. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2002, 09:24 AM   #3

Molly M HB User

I know what you mean. It seems like our society, or society in general focuses on the negative aspects of life in the media and in general.
I was asking around and wondering if one miscarriage has any bearing on another pregnancy. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with me or my husband, so I'm just assuming the last pregnancy which I miscarried was just an unfortunate occurrance which had to do with a genetic problem or something else. The only thing is that we heard the heartbeat through doppler at 8 weeks. Once you hear the heartbeat, the chances of M/C are only 2%-3%. Everyone I've talked to has said that one M/C doesn't mean anything about your next pregnancy. I am almost through the first trimester, and that lowers the chance of M/C as well. I am just relieved to know that this one will probably make it to the end.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-08-2002, 09:26 AM   #4

Molly M HB User

I know what you mean. It seems like our society, or society in general focuses on the negative aspects of life in the media and in general.
I was asking around and wondering if one miscarriage has any bearing on another pregnancy. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with me or my husband, so I'm just assuming the last pregnancy which I miscarried was just an unfortunate occurrance which had to do with a genetic problem or something else. The only thing is that we heard the heartbeat through doppler at 8 weeks. Once you hear the heartbeat, the chances of M/C are only 2%-3%. Everyone I've talked to has said that one M/C doesn't mean anything about your next pregnancy. I am almost through the first trimester, and that lowers the chance of M/C as well. I am just relieved to know that this one will probably make it to the end.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-08-2002, 05:17 PM   #5

Purrbaby HB User

Nothing is gonna happen. You have been blessed with a lovely boy/girl that will drive you crazy one day!! Keep your hopes up and let us know how GOOD things are!! Congrats on having a healthy baby!!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Closed Thread