It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2002, 08:58 AM   #1

luckymom HB User
Feelings after pregnancy....?

I havent posted on here very much but I was hoping someone could answer my question. My daughter was born 13 months ago and periodically since she was born I have feelings in my stomach like I am being kicked by a baby. I have been on the depo shot since her birth and have not missed one, so I do not think I am pregnant again. This happens usually when I am in bed at night, the last time it happened was about 3 months ago, and then again yesterday. Is this normal or something that has happened to people before?
It is just so strange how it feels exactly like it did when my daughter was kicking me or moving around...it doenst last any longer than 2-3 seconds.

Old 01-18-2002, 09:57 AM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Feelings after pregnancy....?

Well first the Depo shot isnt fool proof. I have two friends that have gotten pregnant while on it. One got pregnant twice while on it. She got her first shot and when she went in for a second shot she told them she had been feeling funny. Well they did a test and she was pregnant. After she had that baby shewent backon the shot figuring it was a fluke. Well she was going in for her third or fourth shot and again noticed she had been feeling weird. Low and behold she was pregnatn again and during the pregnancy she found out it was twins. She got her tubes tied after that.

Depo can do some weird things to your body so be very careful with it. There are several on line groups of women dealing with infertility after Depo. I am one of those women. I went on it after my first son was born and only had two shots but after that I stopped. It took over three years and several infertility doctors before I was able to get pregnatn again. Just figured you should know just in case you plan on more kids later on.

I havent noticed anything like kicking after my sons were born. So for me it hasnt happened. Who knows maybe some of the others will have noticed something like this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2002, 08:25 PM   #3
Inactive

Shaelle HB User
Re: Feelings after pregnancy....?

Ohhhhh, I know exactly what you mean! That feeling has never gone away for me since I had my daughter 7.5 years ago! I was talking to my mother about it not long after I had my daughter, she said she had the same feelings. She did, however, ask her doctor about it. She told me that it is from gas passing through your intestines. Little air bubbles I guess. They are nice little reminders for me of how it felt to be pregnant. I am pregnant now and I still get them, I am way too early to feel the baby move, but it still makes me wonder. BTW my mother said to the doctor, after she awoke from having me, Are you sure there isn't another one in there?

Hope this helped!

Closed Thread